'Crybabies Are Still Winning': Bill Maher Torches WaPo Over Drama, Turning Newsroom Into Day Care Center
Bill Maher took a sledgehammer to the Washington Post over BiPolargate. While a number of recent Maher rants sound like his based assistant is lacing his weed with redpills, this involves two things Maher has always been solid on: free speech, and how useless a certain class of "emotional hemophiliac" millennials is.
Quick recap. WaPo reporter Dave Weigel retweeted someone else's joke. He deleted the retweet and apologized. WaPo reporter Felicia Sonmez wouldn't calm down about it. She got Weigel suspended. She still wouldn't calm down about it. She's now a former reporter for WaPo.
Nothing captures what’s wrong with today’s “journalism” like the sad saga of what happened last week at The @WashingtonPost. pic.twitter.com/pqnPYNfT0g
— Bill Maher (@billmaher) June 18, 2022
Calling Weigel one of the "best" reporters at WaPo is a stretch. Though, he is a prolific tweeter. Maher's audience proved the point about it just being a joke when they laughed at "Every girl is bi. You just have to figure out if it's polar or sexual." In Sonmez's case, polar.
The embarrassing thing is what this says about journalisming in 2022. Maher brings up the story that put WaPo on the map, the Watergate scandal. There, two reporters took down President Nixon using a source called "Deepthroat," a reference to pornography. Imagine a source using the name "Deepthroat" today.
"Aren't you supposed to be reporters digging up stuff? Are there no more vital issues going on in America right now? [...] If someone named Deepthroat called the paper today and wanted to meet in a parking garage, this crew of emotional hemophiliacs would have an anxiety attack and report it to HR that they didn't feel safe."
Sadly, I don't think Maher got the news that Taylor Lorenz got demoted before shooting his rant. She's another example of what passes for journalisming today.
This is where we're at. Low-information millennials who were never told they were wrong about anything grew up getting their news from Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show". They were inspired to become "reporters" because Stewart inspired them to believe the media wasn't biased enough. After four years of the inmates running the asylum on college campus en route to degrees in journalism, those inmates now make up our legacy media.
Which tells you all you need to know about our legacy media.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
The REAL REASON the Left Hates Libs of TikTok... | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Bill Maher Rips 'Toxic Masculinity' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Maher Says Justin Trudeau Sounds 'Like Hitler' - Louder With ... ›
- Bill Maher Billboard 'Modified' by Conservative Pranksters - Louder ... ›
- Bill Maher Hammers 'Ignorant' Justice Sotomayor - Louder With ... ›
- Bill Maher Defends Babylon Bee Against Twitter - Louder With ... ›
- Whoopi Goldberg Lashes Out at Bill Maher Over Mask Jokes ... ›
- Bill Maher Reminds Us He's Still on the Left - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Maher Torches 'Disinformation Governance Board' - Louder With ... ›
- Bill Maher Discusses Fat Acceptance With Ben Shapiro. - Louder ... ›
- Bill Maher Calls Out Roe v Wade Alarmists on the Left - Louder With ... ›
- WaPo's Taylor Lorenz Gets Shut Down Over a Joke - Louder With Crowder ›