Bill Maher Defends Babylon Bee Against Twitter While His Leftist Guests Go Out of Their Way to Miss the Point
Bill Maher is not our friend. But the one area where there has always been agreement is when it comes to free speech. He attempted to lead a discussion about the topic as it pertains to Elon Musk buying Twitter. His two leftist guests--former Democrat Senator Doug Jones and current MSNBC stooge Ali Velshi--insist on sticking to the anti-free speech talking points they were given.
Maher brought up the Babylon Bee. The Bee's account is still suspended because they made fun of a Biden Administration official who has a wife, two kids, and a penis. Their EIC Kyle Mann shared a video making fun of overly sensitive Twitter employees. A Twitter employee marked the video as "sensitive content."
Is Twitter the New Town Square? | Real Time with Maher (HBO)www.youtube.com
"[The Babylon Bee] got flagged for a funny video. [...] 'Sensitive Content,' Twitter said. In the video, they were making fun of Twitter for being too sensitive. [...] [The video] is well within what satire has always been. And the fact that they flagged this for being insensitive shows their complete lack of self-awareness about what their own problem is. If that's where the line is, you have failed Twitter. You need a new sheriff."
Our video mocking Twitter employees for being too sensitive was flagged by Twitter for sensitive content 💀💀 pic.twitter.com/Tni9mUCJ4R
— Kyle Mann (@The_Kyle_Mann) April 28, 2022
Maher's guest ignored the clear example of WHY Twitter has gotten out of hand and fell back on his talking point. Jones' point was that we have to do something about Russian bot farms. Great. Everyone thinks we need to do something about bots. Including new owner Elon Musk.
Velshi's point was the platform needs to "do something" about policing misinformation. Except, when Bill Maher brought up two stories that Twitter (and Velshi's employers at NBC News) got wrong--the Hunter Biden laptop and the Wuhan lab leak theory--Velshi didn't respond.
There is also a list of other stories in which Twitter and Velshi's employers at NBC News are actively SPREADING the misinformation. The most recent was Florida's "Parental Rights in Education" bill. Thanks to misinformation spread by Twitter and media outlets like the one that employs Ali, there are people who actually think the law outlawed saying gay. Yet, when Ali Velshi mentions the spread of misinformation, I don't think he means that. Or the misinformation spread about voting rights bills that were passed in Texas and Georgia. Or Georgia's 2018 gubernatorial race. Or Net Neutrality.
I get that Velshi and Jones have their marching orders that free speech is a bad thing. But at least acknowledge the words coming out of Maher's mouth about what the problem really is.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Self-Hating TikToker's BIZARRE Apology for White People | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Krysten Sinema Spoke Out Against Gutting Filibuster Rules - Louder ... ›
- Old Women Assault Man for Not Wearing Mask in an Elevator ... ›
- Democrat Says 'Voting Rights' Bill 'Inspired by Hugo Chavez ... ›
- NEW George Floyd Riots: What the Media ISN'T Telling You ... ›
- Woke 'COMEDIANS' Push Anti-Freedom Trucker PROPAGANDA ... ›
- FLASHBACK: Christopher Hitchens Issues Chilling Warning on ... ›
- Bill Maher Says Justin Trudeau Sounds 'Like Hitler' - Louder With ... ›
- Bill Maher Blasts 'Don't Say Gay' Opponents: 'Kids That Young ... ›
- Whoopi Goldberg Lashes Out at Bill Maher Over Mask Jokes ... ›
- Bill Maher Discusses Fat Acceptance With Ben Shapiro. - Louder ... ›
- Bill Maher Rips Into NYT for Overt Bias - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Maher Torches Washington Post Over Drama - Louder With Crowder ›
- Did the WH Really Get Desperate Enough to Use a Bot Farm? - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Maher slams 'body positivity' for 'rewriting science' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bill Maher SLANDERS Me: We EXPOSE Him! (Show Notes) - Louder With Crowder ›