Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
August 03, 2018
Libertarian Pro Wrestler Gets Elected Mayor. Here's Why It Matters.
A pro wrestler got elected Mayor in Tennessee. I couldn't NOT write about that (see WWE Legend The Undertaker: STAND for the National Anthem and Snoop Dogg's Former Bodyguard, Tyrus: Build the Wall…Around Schools).
Glen Jacobs, aka the WWE's Kane, walked through fire and brimstone en route to a landslide victory.
Glenn Jacobs, the towering 6-foot-8 giant of a professional wrestler best known as Kane in the WWE, has won an election to determine the next mayor of Knox County in Tennessee on Thursday night.Jacobs, 51, had nearly two-thirds of the more than 80,000 total ballots cast, according to Knoxville ABC affiliate WATE. He was opposing Democratic nominee Linda Haney in the heavily Republican Knox County.
For more than 20 years, Jacobs has been a resident of Tennessee where, in addition to his in-ring career, he and his wife operate a local insurance and real estate company.
Knox County has a population of around 475,000 people, which is on par with cities like Raleigh and Miami.
Here's why this matters. While Jacobs ran as a Republican, he identifies as a devout libertarian. Like Donald Trump, because of his celebrity, Jacobs has the opportunity to draw attention to what he's doing in Knox County more than someone who didn't once push Zack Ryder off of the stage in a wheelchair. Or who set Jim Ross on fire. I think he set his brother on fire too. While his brother was locked in a casket.
Jacobs' celebrity can appeal to a broader audience of apolitical people. During the campaign, Jacobs had a number of his WWE colleagues campaigning for him. Many of whom aren't right leaning.
Imagine a mayor governing a population the size of Miami as a strict libertarian. Imagine that mayor drawing more attention to his work, drawing more people not normally associated with Republicans to his side.
Imagine Mayor Jacobs is successful. To quote one of the many, many, many people Kane has set ablaze, business is about to pick up.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT'S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
From Your Site Articles
- Candidate Announces Campaign Riding Bull Named Nancy Pelosi ... ›
- BADASS: Mike Pence Fearlessly Stares Down North Korean Military ... ›
- Louder with Crowder is GOING DAILY. Time to Join the Mug Club ... ›
- Pro Wrestler 'Tyrus' DESTROYS Idea of 'Fat Shaming' - Louder With ... ›
- Florida Boy Told He Can't Wear 'Hooters' Mask in School - Louder ... ›
- Harry Potter Actor Daniel Radcliffe is Upset that Tom Brady is a ... ›
- WWE Legend The Undertaker: STAND for the National Anthem ... ›
- Influencer Receives Realignment Surgery to Turn Him Korean - Louder With Crowder ›
- Did the USWST Disrespect the National Anthem? - Louder With Crowder ›