US Women's Soccer Team Antics Disrespect 98-Year-Old WWII Veteran Performing National Anthem ... or Did They?
The summer Olympics are almost upon us. A time for every country to compete and show pride in their homeland. Unless you're in America, where it's about who can best use the moment to make a political statement. That appeared to be the case of the women's soccer team. 98-year-old World War II veteran Pete DuPré performed the national anthem, a moving performance that members of the team ... turned their back on?
98-year-old World War II veteran Pete DuPré played the national anthem on a harmonica before the @USWNT's Olympic send-off match 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/wnrOnZJhkC
— ESPN (@espn) July 5, 2021
Turning your back on the anthem is the new kneeling during the anthem, ever since Gwen Berry's anti-America antics that were endorsed by the Joe Biden White House. This is the same soccer team responsible for making Megan Rapinoe a thing. The woke virtue-signaling is strong in them. The internet was understandably outraged. Though according to the league, this is all a giant misunderstanding.
"Some of the players were simply looking at the flag flowing on a pole in the stadium in that direction. They were not looking away from Pete as he played the national anthem," US Soccer Federation chief communications officer Neil Buethe told the Daily Caller.
We'll see. This was a statement released from the Federation and NOT the team or any of the specific players. I'd like to believe there wasn't disrespect shown to the WWII veteran. Besides making jokes about Laurel Hubbard, I'd like any politics from the Olympics to center around counting up all our gold medals at the end and telling every other country to suck it.
Disrespecting the national anthem grants you instant clout with the media and automatic Twitter celebrity status. We'll know by the end of the day if the team really was just confused about which way to face.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Democrat Veteran Argues America Is NOT Superior | Change My Mind Clips youtu.be
- Libertarian Pro Wrestler Gets Elected Mayor. Here's Why It Matters ... ›
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why Liberals Use Sports for Agendas ... ›
- Blue-Check Deletes Tim Scott Attack, There's Other Tweets] - Louder ... ›
- Cancel Culture's Coming After NY Jets QB Zach Wilson - Louder ... ›
- Jen Psaki Responds to Gwen Berry - Louder With Crowder ›
- Too Little Too Late? NFL May Penalize Anthem Kneelers - Louder ... ›
- Two Baseball Players Battle Over STANDING for the Anthem ... ›
- 49ers Colin Kaepernick Idiotically Protests National Anthem ... ›
- New York Islander Fans Take Over the National Anthem - Louder ... ›
- The Hodge Twins on the NFL's and the "Black National Anthem ... ›
- CBS Roots for America to Fail at the Olympics - Louder With Crowder ›