Watch: Whoopi Goldberg goes on anti-American rant, then swears she isn't anti-American
Another day, another idiotic clip from our ladies over at The View. At least this time, Whoopi didn't suggest white people should be beaten by cops. Instead, she and Sunny Hostin trashed the Pledge of Allegiance and American Exceptionalism.
Congress said the pledge of allegiance before they began Thursday's proceedings, which is what triggered the ladies' tangents. Whoopi exclaimed, "I also want to point out that Congress has already been saying the Pledge of Allegiance at work every day since 1988" and called it a "waste of time." She then said it would be more patriotic for Congress to work on "issues like police violence, mass shootings, [and] prison reform.” Zing, got 'em!
But Whoopi wasn't done: "We’re not fooling around. The people of the United States are not fooling around. You've wasted everybody's time suggesting your people do what they already do.”
I actually don't disagree with Whoopi here. Congress is largely a waste of time and space that merely votes on where to send our tax dollars next (spoiler: it's never the USA). But Whoopi and I definitely don't agree on what they should be focused on instead.
\u201cSunny Hostin bashes American exceptionalism.\n"The problem I have is with ... American exceptionalism," she decried.\nShe says America "hasn't met the dream of being exceptional. It hasn't meant this idea of a beacon on the hill" and we should stop teaching it in schools.\u201d— Nicholas Fondacaro (@Nicholas Fondacaro) 1675354234
Hostin jumped into the conversation, claiming a lot of the members of the Judiciary Committee are hypocrites. I don't even know if I disagree with her on this point since she provided absolutely no evidence either way. So we'll just leave this one be.
But then, Sunny suggested the Pledge of Allegiance doesn't apply to Black Americans, saying "I mean, I said the Pledge of Allegiance all through my life in school. When I got into college, I took an African American history course. And I started realizing that the actual Pledge of Allegiance doesn't apply to a lot of our citizens."
You really can't make this stuff up. But fear not, Whoopi assured us that the show is not Anti-American, despite everything she and Sunny just rambled on about. What a relief.
- Security guard fakes mass shooting threat to get out of work, is caught by a lack of attention to details ›
- Watch: LeBron James is big mad reporters haven't asked him about what a racist Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is ›
- Comedian Goes Berserk Over Will Smith: 'F***ing Zero Respect for That B****' ›
- TikToker Ends Joy Behar Over Ridiculous 'When Black People Get Guns' Comment ›
- Show Notes: REBUTTAL: John Oliver is Racist Against Asians ›
- Whoopi Goldberg ends 2022 apologizing for Holocaust comments...which is how she started 2022 ›
- Whoopi Goldberg explodes on Meghan Markle for bimbo-shaming the girls on 'Deal or No Deal' ›
- MORON ALERT: Whoopi Goldberg Actually Thinks 'Abortion' is in the Constitution ›
- LOL: Whoopi Goldberg Suggests White People Need to Be Beaten then Quickly Backtracks ›