Five Most Devastating (and Sickening) Things to Come Out of the Uvalde Shooting Press Conference
There were numerous disturbing and sickening details leaking out about Monday's school shooting in Uvalde. The response sounds like a colossal failure at all levels of law enforcement. Col. Steven McGraw, the director of public safety, briefed the press today and managed to make things worse. I've arranged these clips from less sickening to people needing to be drawn and quartered on the public square.
Let's start with the school resource officer driving right past the gunman.
Texas DPS says that the door the shooter entered at Robb Elementary was propped open by a teacher.
The school resource officer drove to the campus after hearing the 911 call and drove by the shooter without realizing it. pic.twitter.com/CysNNF6vi2
— Greg Price (@greg_price11) May 27, 2022
We got an answer about police standing around outside of the classroom, where children were hurt but still alive. The commanding officer, who I believe to be the chief of police, thought it stopped being an active shooter situation and became a barricade situation. The chief of police was not at the press conference to answer for the mistake himself. So, yes. Police were standing outside the classroom.
This exchange between the head of Texas DPS and CNN's @ShimonPro is absolutely devastating. He says the onsite commanding police officer thought the crime scene had become a barricade situation and no longer an active shooter even though people in there were still alive and hurt. pic.twitter.com/qhRpbWZUyy
— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) May 27, 2022
Who's to blame? Fuck if this guy knows.
Reporter: "Who dropped the ball?"
McCraw: "I don't have the answer to that question."
Uvalde presser did not go well. pic.twitter.com/iymWXiyzo2
— Caleb Howe (@CalebHowe) May 27, 2022
To summarize, “Nearly 20 officers were in a hallway outside of the classrooms at a Texas elementary school for more than 45 minutes before agents used a master key to open a door and confront a gunman, authorities said Friday.” The barricade was a locked door. Almost twenty officers stood outside a classroom full of dead children and a gunman because the door was locked. They needed a key to get through the barricade.
🚨 BREAKING: “Nearly 20 officers were in a hallway outside of the classrooms at a Texas elementary school for more than 45 minutes before agents used a master key to open a door and confront a gunman, authorities said Friday.”https://t.co/LQKEZY6bOd
— David Begnaud (@DavidBegnaud) May 27, 2022
Now that you've got all that, and if you haven't flipped over your desk and put your mobile device through the wall, a little girl who was in the classroom had to call 911 SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES during the shooting. "Please send the police now."
A girl who was inside one of the classrooms where the gunman opened fire called 911 several times during the siege, Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety says.
“Please send the police now,” she said at one point. pic.twitter.com/aomyMBie92
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 27, 2022
What wasn't said at all during the press conference was that the mayor has accepted the chief of police's resignation. And that there is going to be a full investigation. And that everyone involved took turns walking up to the mic and admitting that they are a disgrace to the badge.
I go back to Tucker Carlson's question from last night: "We’re being told that we need to turn America’s elementary schools into a checkpoint at the Gaza Strip border. We need to militarize them. But what’s the point of any of this if the people in charge of keeping our kids safe refuse to engage with an active shooter?"
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
- Texas School Shooting TRAGEDY: What Needs to be Done ... ›
- Top Five False Claims Surrounding the Uvalde Shooting - Louder ... ›
- About That Viral Steve Kerr Rant - Louder With Crowder ›
- Beto O'Rourke Interrupts Greg Abbott Press Conference - Louder ... ›
- WaPo Reporter Claims AR-15 Invented for 'Nazis' - Louder With ... ›
- Garbage Person Attacks Father of School Shooting Victim - Louder ... ›
- Spox: Cops Went In for Their Own Kids During Uvalde Shooting ... ›
- Border Patrol Agent Shoots and Kills School Uvalde Shooter ... ›
- NYT Reporter Says Uvalde Police Failed to Follow Training - Louder With Crowder ›
- MSNBC Guests Propose Gun-Grabbing and Abolition of Police - Louder With Crowder ›
- Show Notes: BTS Wants YOU to Stop Hating Asians! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Uvalde Shooting Could Have Been Stopped In Three Minutes - Louder With Crowder ›
- Uvalde Cop Had Gun Taken Away, Was Detained From Saving Wife - Louder With Crowder ›
- UVALDE UPDATE: We Now Know HOW BAD Police Botched It - Louder With Crowder ›
- Woman Presents Plan to Remove Disgraced Uvalde Police Chief - Louder With Crowder ›