Bill Maher warns his fellow Dems what the new norms of indicting Trump really mean: "GOP will arrest Biden next"
What I love best about when Bill Maher attempts to warn his fellow Democrats about acting stupidly is that while he is usually spot on, no one on the left listens to him. Not when the staffers who prop up Nancy Pelosi don't understand basic civics. So while a lot of what Maher says about the Trump indictment is correct, the left has their fingers in their ears screaming, "I can't hear you."
Maher attempted to warn Democrats of the chaos they're unleashing last night on Real Time.
I don't want to live in a country where we are one of these places where whoever is president, as soon as they get out of office, they go after them. It's almost Greek tragedy-like. [...] And I guarantee you when Biden is out of office, Day Two, they will try to arrest him.
Yep. It harkens back to when Harry Reid blew up the norms in the senate and eliminated the filibuster. Cocaine Mitch warned Democrats they weren't going to like the consequences. Three conservative Supreme Court justices and a farewell to Roe v Wade later ... they don't.
Democrats turned Donald Trump into the first former president to be indicted ... over a bullplop reason. Trump (allegedly) cheated on his third wife (while she was pregnant) with a porn star. He then (allegedly) paid the porn star to keep her mouth shut. At best, it's a misdemeanor, a slap on the wrist, and a fine.
Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg -- who not only has a reputation for not enforcing the law against repeat and violent offenders, but brags (no pun intended) about doing so -- concocted a cockamamie legal theory to turn a misdemeanor into a felony just so HE could be the one to finally indict Trump.
This brings us to Maher's second problem.
Yes, he's done a lot of bad things, and I'm sure he did this — everything they accused him of [doing], he did. But first of all, it's not gonna work. It's gonna be rocket fuel for his 2024 campaign. And it's just gonna look to MAGA nation like, 'Oh, you know, you tried with Mueller, you tried with Ukraine, you tried with January 6. Now we go to the porn star? Really? You're down to that?!
If I had a little more tinfoil to form into a beanie, I'd say this is part of a plan. Democrats WANT Trump to get the nomination because they know he's beatable and is toxic to independent voters. But why assign malice where incompetence will due? Democrats are simply clueless. Hoisted with their own petard to get Trump on ANYTHING. And the best they can come up with is this petarded indictment.
That's fine. It's the new norm now. Having your political opponents arrested are a component of the new rules. New rules I'm going to look forward to having under a Republican administration.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- Chris Rock warns elitists of what's REALLY going to happen if they arrest Donald Trump ›
- Watch: Donald Trump praises liberal Charlie Crist because he thinks it's a dunk on Ron DeSantis for some reason ›
- We're back! Wait, Trump is going to jail?! (Show Notes) ›
- Breaking: Trump claims he'll be arrested next week, calls on supporters to protest ›
- LOL: Nancy Pelosi says the quiet part out loud about Trump's indictment and 'proving innocence' ›
- "I don't know what goes into paying a porn star...": DeSantis breaks silence on rumored Trump indictment ›
- Nancy Pelosi gets fact-checked into oblivion over ignorant Trump indictment tweet ›
- Watch: MSNBC slimes Rom DeSantis as antisemitic for stating facts about district attorney behind Trump's indictment ›
- Ron DeSantis leaves no doubt, unloads on Manhattan DA over Trump indictment, political witch hunt ›
- Bro rips beers pregaming the Trump Indictment - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch Today's Show - Louder With Crowder ›
- Absurd Trump Indictment: he paid TOO MUCH in taxes?! - Louder With Crowder ›