Absurd Trump Indictment best summarized with this one charge: he willingly... paid TOO MUCH in taxes?!
Alvin Bragg, Manhattan's District Attorney, unsealed the indictments against Donald Trump on Tuesday. To summarize, he copied and pasted the same charge 34 times and changed the date. But there is one charge that perfectly encapsulates how ridiculous, partisan, and Trumped up (please excuse all puns) the political witchhuntery of it all, it's this:
Donald Trump paid TOO MUCH in taxes. He overpaid. He gave the state more than he was supposed to. And that's apparently bad.
Diabolical! Prosecutor Bragg alleges Trump's criminal scheme actually resulted in him paying more taxes than was necessary:'Trump and his associates engaged in deception by paying New York state more in taxes than it was owed.' From Politico: https://t.co/oJ7NeMiwBJpic.twitter.com/k5tCHdxVcl
— Byron York (@ByronYork) April 5, 2023
The charge is that to throw the government off the scent of the Trump Organization paying a porn star money to shut up about the time Trump allegedly banged her (while his third wife was pregnant) and to circumvent campaign finance laws -- New York's stoonad campaign finance laws that are designed to screw your political opponents -- the dastardly Trump Organization willing, knowingly, and with great malice...sent the state government more in quarterly taxes than they had to.
Maybe it's true. Maybe the Trump Organization is so diabolical, they gave the government money. Or, and I'm just spitballing here, they overpaid in taxes because the people who handle Trump's accounting aren't idiots and know what happens when you UNDERPAY taxes.
The meme is true. The government expects you to guess how much you are supposed to pay in taxes. Then penalizes you if you guess wrong. President or not president. Adulterer or person who honors the sanctity of marriage. It doesn't matter. Underpaying is how you get an audit. Do you want an audit? Do you think the Trump Organization does knowing how the left gets themselves off on weaponizing the government against political opponents?
There is a reason why even the Marxist twats at Vox are shrugging their shoulders and calling these charges -- the first time a former president has ever been arrested -- weaksauce. You're going to make the case to the American people that a guy who they already believe is the target of political witchhunt after political witchhunt needs to go to jail because they were TOO patriotic of a billionaire and paid TOO much in taxes.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- LIVE FACT-CHECK: TRUMP’S ARREST & ARRAIGNMENT! THE CHARGES HAVE BEEN UNSEALED! ›
- WATCH: NYC Mayor Warns Trump Supporters to 'Control Themselves,' Claims City Respects Law And Order ›
- Watch: MSNBC slimes Rom DeSantis as antisemitic for stating facts about district attorney behind Trump's indictment ›
- LOL: Nancy Pelosi says the quiet part out loud about Trump's indictment and 'proving innocence' ›
- Bill Maher warns his fellow Dems what the new norms of indicting Trump really mean: "GOP will arrest Biden next" ›
- Ron DeSantis leaves no doubt, unloads on Manhattan DA over Trump indictment, political witch hunt ›
- Nancy Pelosi gets fact-checked into oblivion over ignorant Trump indictment tweet ›
- "I don't know what goes into paying a porn star...": DeSantis breaks silence on rumored Trump indictment ›
- LOL: Someone on the grand jury indicting Trump may have just committed a felony of their own ›
- Watch: Bro rips beers pregaming the Trump Indictment, as no one is sure what the 34 charges are ›