Nancy Pelosi gets fact-checked into oblivion over ignorant Trump indictment tweet
LwC Senior Zoomer Culture Correspondent Lily Hayes hit on this earlier. Twitter has had the opportunity to do Community Notes things since then. And we at the LwC(dot)C love ourselves a good Community Notes as much as we hate Nancy Pelosi and think she is a wretched waste of chromosomes.
Here's where we left off:
The Grand Jury has acted upon the facts and the law.
No one is above the law, and everyone has the right to a trial to prove innocence.
Hopefully, the former President will peacefully respect the system, which grants him that right.
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) March 31, 2023
Anyone who is not a nincompoop knows what is wrong with that tweet. And thanks to Community Notes, even the nincompoops reading Nancy's ignorant tweet will too: "Ms. Pelosi mistakenly says that Trump can prove his innocence at trial. Law in the US assumes the innocence of a defendant and the prosecution must prove guilt for a conviction."
With a link to Cornell Law School. Ironic, since Cornell students themselves also don't understand how the law works.
Innocent until proven guilty is basic civics. It's not Trump's job to prove his innocence. It's Alvin Bragg's job to prove Trump's guilt
I harken back to something Jon Stewart said this week. He lamented how old our elected officials are, and how everything is held together by a handful of staffers. Pelosi's staffers holding it together for her don't understand basic civics. The political communication professionals, all of who had to sign off on this talking point, also don't understand basic civics.
Or, none of them care about basic civics. And think that because they hate Trump and he's their political opponent, he doesn't deserve to be treated fairly.
That's fine. It's the new norm now. It's the new rules. New rules I'm going to look forward to having under a Republican administration. Not unlike when Harry Reid was warned when he eliminated the filibuster, leftists aren't going to like what happens next.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Bookmark LouderWithCrowder.com and check us out throughout the day! Also, follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
- SHOW NOTES: Hunter Biden Story CONFIRMED! How MSM Meddling Swayed the Election ›
- SHOW NOTES: The TRUTH About Asian Hate Crimes! ›
- Joe Biden Wasn't Invited to Pope Benedict XVI's Funeral And We Think We Know Why ›
- WATCH: Nancy Pelosi's Daughter Makes Explosive Admissions About January 6th, Admits it WASN'T an Insurrection ›
- Tucker Carlson Draws Visual Comparison Between Nancy Pelosi and Michael Jackson That You Will Never Unsee ›
- Watch How Nancy Pelosi Flips Out on a Reporter for Questioning Her on COVID Aid ›
- Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi Get Compared to 'Dumb & Dumber' Duo and You Won't Unsee This ›
- Watch: Nancy Pelosi gets heckled at a cafe with tough questions you'd think a journalist would ask her ›
- Nancy Pelosi's Husband Gets Sauced, Is Arrested Over the Weekend for DUI After Crashing His Car ›
- Watch: Joy Reid does a journalism, asks Nancy Pelosi how to stop Americans from voting based on their religion ›
- Bill Maher warns his fellow Dems about indicting Trump - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bro rips beers pregaming the Trump Indictment - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch Today's Show - Louder With Crowder ›
- Absurd Trump Indictment: he paid TOO MUCH in taxes?! - Louder With Crowder ›