Tim Allen Shares His Favorite Way to Irritate Liberals
Saying very brittle liberals is superfluous. It's like saying, obnoxious social justice warrior. Or delicious bacon. Many liberals are in fact very brittle whenever they're exposed to an opposing viewpoint. Something Tim Allen enjoys doing on Last Man Standing (see 'Last Man Standing' Mocks Leftists' Failure to Understand Capitalism and WATCH: 'Last Man Standing' Brutally Mocks College Liberals). As the comedian tells Forbes, the more liberals cringe at the exposure of other ideas, the more you have to expose them to other ideas. Kind of like tough love with the bonus of self-entertainment.
"I like it that we can make statements and poke fun at very brittle liberals," Allen told me. "In [Hollywood] there is nothing more annoying than a well-educated character who is conservative. They don't like it. The more they don't like it, the more you push that button."
What makes pushing the button funnier is the number of leftists who can't fathom how anyone would disagree with them. Let alone, make jokes. People on the right find the humor in some of the things we do. Leftists think cracking jokes about them is literally hate speech and incitement. Hence it's all the more important to keep mocking them.
2020 is going to be an interesting test for Allen's show. After a few months of barely watchable Thursday NFL games, Season Eight of LMS will move to its new night, traditionally the most popular night for sitcoms. Which also means more competition for ratings.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT'S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- Steve Deace tells Conservatives: Mock Opponents Mercilessly ... ›
- No, Celebrating American Accomplishments Isn't Racism - Louder ... ›
- EAT CROW: Celebrities, Politicians Who Supported Jussie ... ›
- PAGING RACHEL MADDOW: Donald Trump Paid More Taxes Than ... ›
- Tim Scott Hammers Dem Hypocrisy Using 'Racist' Filibuster - Louder ... ›
- Nine Inch Nails Singer Trent Reznor: Why Won't Taylor Swift ... ›
- Dang. Tim Allen Gets It. Sounds Off on Guns… - Louder With Crowder ›