Ted Cruz Exposes AOC's Utter Lack of Understanding of How Congress Works in Only Two Tweets
Let's be honest. Ted Cruz owning Congresswoman AOC over a political thing isn't a stunning accomplishment. It's as stunning as me owning my two-year-old nephew when I say "got your nose." Yet Sen. Cruz does have a certain panache when he does it. I'd go so far as to call him a Jedi master at it. But that's only to upset Mark Hamill.
Our betters in Washington, D.C., have left to enjoy Thanksgiving. I'm sure with ten family members or fewer. Congresswoman AOC expressed disapproval over there still not being a COVID relief bill, which is totes the GOP's fault! Except it's not. Cruz reminded her who dookied in the sweet potato pie here.
Why is your party filibustering $500 billion in COVID relief?
And Joe Biden is cheering them on. Thinking that blocking relief somehow helps Dems win Georgia. https://t.co/b8PvuUpSa3
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) November 23, 2020
Ah, yes. The GOP-led Senate produced two different relief bills. Both bill were blocked by AOC's future primary opponent Chuck Schumer. When I say filibustered, I don't mean passage. Chuckles wouldn't even let the Senate open up debate on the bill.
Rep. AOC thought she had Cruz here. Because everyone knows you can't filibuster in the House! Except ...
.@AOC seems not to know there are Democrats in the Senate.
Or that Joe Biden (also a Dem) is publicly calling on Senate Dems to continue filibustering COVID relief because he thinks it will help them win Georgia. https://t.co/vy5HG3h2qr
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) November 24, 2020
I know the confusion. AOC thought that because she had a bill she liked, the Senate should shut up about it. Cruz is more focused on the grown-up way. The House passes a bill. The Senate passes a bill. The two sides go into committee and debate a compromise. The two sides vote on the compromise. Once it passes, the president signs it into law. There was a cute cartoon about this from the 1970s. AOC might be able to find it on YouTube.
Here's the rub. Senate Democrats are too busy holding the American people's COVID relief hostage. They won't let the second step happen. That's Ted Cruz's point. I hope this clears everything up.
Patriots FIGHT Back! Best Examples | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Ted Cruz Responded to AOC Accusing Him of White Supremacy ... ›
- Ted Cruz HAMMERS Mark Zuckerberg for Facebook's Anti ... ›
- Ted Cruz breaks down potential outcomes of Trump's many pending ... ›
- Ted Cruz Dropkicks Obama Speechwriter Ben Rhodes Over Iran ... ›
- Ted Cruz Destroys Beto O'Rourke Over NFL Player Kneeling ... ›
- Ted Cruz Calls Out Democrats for Their Dark-Money Hypocrisy ... ›
- Ted Cruz Owns Celebrities on Gun Control in TMZ Video - Louder ... ›
- Ted Cruz Wants a Copy of Jim Carrey's Anti-Cruz Artwork - Louder ... ›
- #CrowderRNCStream: Special guests include Donald Trump Jr. and ... ›
- John Hopkins Publishes Shocking Study Calling COVID Overrated, Then Deletes It For Some Reason - Louder With Crowder ›
- Filmmakers Have COVID Testing Site Shut Down to Film Movie - Louder With Crowder ›
- Marco Rubio Rebuts AOC's Tweet on COVID Aid - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz's Hunting Photo Angers John Cleese - Louder With Crowder ›
- James O'Keefe Just Announced an Investigation to Expose AOC - Louder With Crowder ›