Female NCAA athletes protest, threaten legal action over 'trans' athlete policy
On Thursday, female NCAA athletes gathered outside the San Antonio NCAA convention to protest the NCAA's inclusion of biological males in women's sports. The group was led by former Kentucky swimmer Riley Gaines, who competed against Lia Thomas at last year's national championships. Gaines and Thomas tied for fifth place in the 200 freestyle.
Lia Thomas was also nominated for NCAA "Woman of the Year."
\u201c"It's a slap in the face... it's just completely abysmal."\n\nRiley Gaines speaks to Piers Morgan about being up against transgender swimmer Lia Thomas for Woman of the Year.\n\n@RileyGaines | @piersmorgan | @TalkTV | #LiaThomas\u201d— Piers Morgan Uncensored (@Piers Morgan Uncensored) 1658176725
The Independent Council on Women’s Sports [ICONS] sent a letter to the NCAA threatening legal action if the organization declines to change its policy on males competing in woman's sports. Marshi Smith, a co-founder of ICONS, told The Daily Signal, “We are advocating for the original intent of Title IX as written 50 years ago that ensures women are not discriminated against on the basis of sex. The Biden administration’s efforts to equate sex with gender identity undermine all sex-based protections for women.”
Males competing in women's sports is rapidly becoming the norm nationwide. In March of last year, Lia Thomas became the first biological male to win an NCAA national women's sports title. In October, Randolph Union High School in Vermont broke news for forcing female athletes to share a locker room with biological males. The school actually punished girls who complained about the policy.
\u201cNEW: @DailySignal spent this week in Randolph, Vermont, speaking to high school girls who face heavy criticism + potential punishment from their school for pushing back against a biological male using their locker room. Here's what these girls have to say for themselves:\u201d— Mary Margaret Olohan (@Mary Margaret Olohan) 1665693833
On the flip side, in 2018, wrestler Mack Beggs continued to compete against women while she took testosterone for her female-to-male transition. As you would guess, this led to her absolutely dominating the field, since she was essentially 'roided up. In 2021, Beggs spoke out about the "toll" all that winning and competing against women took on her. Boohoo.
To my fellow current and former female athletes out there, my advice is to enjoy it while you can. One day, you may just find yourself lining up against a 6'4, 275-pound bearded "woman." Women's sports were fun while they lasted!
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
College Lib Claims You Can Identify as a BOBCAT?! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Trans Couple Attempts Breastfeeding, Science and Biology Get in the Way ›
- Dave Rubin 'Breaks' Florida Law by Saying 'Gay' Right to Ron DeSantis' Face, Who Has the Perfect Response ›
- Ron DeSantis' Response to Elon Musk's 'Endorsement' for President Leaves Audience in Hysterics ›
- Congressman Uses Son and Daughter to Help Democrats Define What a 'Girl' and a 'Boy' Is ›
- European MPs Savage Justin Trudeau to His Face: ‘You Are a Disgrace’ ›
- Biological Males Should Not Compete in Women’s Sports: Change My Mind, Part One ›
- Woke TikToker Shames Lia Thomas' Teammates Being 'Uncomfortable' Changing in Locker Room With... Her ›
- Swimmer Who Tied Lia Thomas Embarrassed, Told by Officials: 'We Just Want Lia to hold the Trophy' ›
- Transgender Swimming Phenom Lia Thomas Crushes Female Competition Again, Places First in NCAA Freestyle ›
- Female Swimmer Who Lost Spot to Lia Thomas Issues Open Letter to NCAA, Calls On Them to 'Open Their Eyes' ›