John Cleese Ridicules Hank Azaria's Pathetic 'Apu' Virtue-Signaling
Legendary British comedian John Cleese has no patience for cancel culture or political correctness. He's managed to go the past eighty years keeping his sense of humor. So when Hank Azaria decided on another round of virtue-signaling over The Simpsons' character Apu, Cleese has thoughts on the matter.
Not wishing to be left behind by Hank Azaria, I would like to apologise on behalf on Monty Python for all the many sketches we did making fun of white English people
We're sorry for any distress we may have caused
— John Cleese (@JohnCleese) April 13, 2021
Not wishing to be left behind by Hank Azaria, I would like to apologise on behalf on Monty Python for all the many sketches we did making fun of white English people.
We're sorry for any distress we may have caused.
It's hard to pinpoint when exactly cancel culture started to invade comedy, but the Battle of Apu was an early skirmish. Yes, the now-former character from The Simpsons. Some guy made an entire movie about how offensive Apu allegedly was. Permaoffended woke chuckleheads on the internet agreed. The Simpsons attempted to stand their ground. Two weeks later, Hank Azaria (the voice of Apu) showed everyone his vagina and announced he was stepping down from the character. This was 2018. Three years later, Azaria realized that no one really cares about him any more. So he decided to signal his virtue, telling a podcast he wishes he could apologize to every Indian person living in America. Just a guess, but I'm fairly certain Indian persons living in America have moved on with their lives.
Cleese's tweet points out the abject silliness of Azaria's comments. Jokes are just that. Jokes. Were some jokes or characters funnier back in the bygone era of pre-2018? Sure, I guess. Just don't expect me to take you seriously that you feel bad about when it was funny. Or that Apu, whom Azaria made a lot of money off of when people still had a sense of humor, keeps the actor up at night. It's as ridiculous as if Cleese was sorry for making fun of the French or people who have debilitating stutters.
Though I am surprised Catholics haven't demanded an apology for Python's Every Sperm Is Sacred dance number yet. I'm also surprised Azaria hasn't felt compelled to apologize to gay-Latinxs for his portrayal of them in The Birdcage.
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
Crowder's Korean Intern In ROOFTOP STANDOFF | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- British Police Arrest Nine People a Day for Posting Offensive ... ›
- Ted Cruz Releases Shocking Video on the Border Crisis - Louder ... ›
- Ted Cruz Identifies 3 Decisions That Provoked Border Crisis ... ›
- Coca Making Employees Complete Course to Be "Less White ... ›
- Rowan Atkinson Calls Cancel Culture a 'Medieval Mob,' Is ... ›
- 14-Year-Old Girl Breaks Deer Hunting Record, Has Advice for ... ›
- Ted Cruz's Hunting Photo Angers John Cleese - Louder With Crowder ›
- Influencer Receives Realignment Surgery to Turn Him Korean - Louder With Crowder ›
- John Cleese Has Little Patience for Cancel Culture - Louder With Crowder ›
- WHY is John Cleese Demanding Reparations for The Whites?? - Louder With Crowder ›