Rowan Atkinson Calls Cancel Culture a 'Medieval Mob,' Is Immediately Proven Right by Twitter
Defining "cancel culture" is a lot like what they said about defining porn. You know it when you see it. It can be people literally trying to have your livelihood destroyed for something you tweeted a decade ago. Sometimes it's people demanding apologies for past art that wasn't "offensive" when it was made. It can also be when an angry digital mob goes on the attack for your having a slightly right of Stalin-esque opinion on something. That last example is the case with Rowan Atkinson, aka "Mr. Bean." Who apparently has his own "Beanhive" of fanatics online. I know, I had the same reaction.
Atkinson did an interview where he was asked about cancel culture. Note, he was ASKED about it in an INTERVIEW. He didn't go on a drunken Twitter rant. Mr. Bean didn't attack the people who get off on canceling others. He just answered an interviewer's question. It wasn't even a criticism. More of just a concern.
The problem we have online is that an algorithm decides what we want to see, which ends up creating a simplistic, binary view of society. It becomes a case of either you're with us or against us. And if you're against us, you deserve to be "cancelled'. It's important that we're exposed to a wide spectrum of opinion, but what we have now is the digital equivalent of the medieval mob roaming the streets looking for someone to burn. So it is scary for anyone who's a victim of that mob and it fills me with fear about the future.
Mild. Polite. Reasoned. So of course, Twitter proved his point.
First time Mr Bean says something and it's dumb smh https://t.co/T0EDCppme2
— gil_by (@gil_by) January 5, 2021
Remember when Mr. Bean didn't say shit? I miss that. https://t.co/kTOIOo9QUX
— Franchesca Ramsey (@chescaleigh) January 5, 2021
mr bean's whole thing is literally not talking, why mess with success
— Scaachi (@Scaachi) January 5, 2021
Cast me as the new Mr. Bean. It's my dream job and he doesn't deserve it anymore.
— ZacOyama (@ZacOyama) January 5, 2021
I'm not sure this tweet is a perfect example. It just made me squirt coffee out of my nose.
The guy who played Mr. Bean talking about cancel culture is so funny to me. Like, are the PC police stopping you from making a silly face after you accidentally put your feet into two trout like they're a pair of slippers?
— Josh Gondelman (@joshgondelman) January 5, 2021
Jolly good, Mr. Bean. You've joined fellow countrymen like Ricky Gervais and John Cleese in pissing off SJW Twitter for a moderate, rational opinion. No, no one is trying to get Rowan fired for what he said. But the same people attacking him and complaining about him are the same people who try to get random others fired. Cancel culture isn't just getting people canceled. It's the attitude that anyone who expresses a different opinion from you about anything needs to be attacked for it. Actually getting them canceled is only for the people without the money to fight back.
Gay Conservatives Speak Out About Leftist Hypocrisy! (2018) | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- John Cleese on Why He Opposes Cancel Culture - Louder With ... ›
- Ryan Long Calls Halloween a Holiday for Cancel Bloggers - Louder ... ›
- OPINION: Gina Carano is the Cancel Culture Fighter We Need ... ›
- Cancel Culture Will Persist Until Leftists Identify the Problem: Them ... ›
- Ricky Gervais: Here's Why Cancel Culture Crosses the Line ... ›
- AOC Contradicts Herself on Cancel Culture in Less Than 30 Minutes ... ›
- Nick Sandmann at RNC Delivers Scathing Rebuke of Media, Cancel ... ›
- Poll: Cancel Culture Is Grossly Unpopular to Most Real Americans ›
- DEVIL'S ADVOCATE: Dave Rubin vs. Skyler Turden Debate Cancel ... ›
- Ricky Gervais Challenges Cancel Culture - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dr. Seuss Bends the Knee (with Joe Biden's Assist), Cancels Six Titles to Pander to Idiots - Louder With Crowder ›
- Poll: Overwhelming Majority of Americans Side with Gina Carano Over Disney, Woke Politics - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitter Suspends Steven Crowder Without Explanation, Increases Suspension Overnight Also Without Explanation ›
- Tulsi Gabbard Draws Comparison Between Cancel Culture and ISIS, Al Qaeda - Louder With Crowder ›
- NEW George Floyd Riots: What the Media ISN’T Telling You! (SHOW NOTES) - Louder With Crowder ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Hysterically Mocks Cancel Culture Saying 'Happy St. Patrick's Day' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Actor Brilliantly Mocks Cancel Culture with 'Apology' for 'Offending Ants' ›
- Actress Attacks 'The Office' Over Anti-Asian Stereotypes in Fourteen-Year-Old Episode - Louder With Crowder ›
- APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT?! Media Matters Cancel Culture EXPOSED! ›
- John Cleese Ridicules Hank Azaria's Pathetic 'Apu' Virtue-Signaling - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood's Politics at the Golden Globes - Louder With Crowder ›