Democrat Demands ‘Empirical Studies’ Before Making Daylight Savings Time Permanent
The government sucks at everything. Everything! Literally Ev-er-y-thing! So when the Senate passed a bill to rid us of the annoying and irksome biannual ritual of screwing with time and everyone’s circadian rhythms, you knew it would find a speed bump somewhere down the road. It found that predicted speed bump in the House of Representatives.
The Hill reports that “the lower chamber [of Congress] is uncertain, as a few members have begun to call for more research into the proposed measure” to eliminate daylight savings time. What kind of research is necessary? Who knows? The ever-brilliant Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), however, has an idea.
“I’ve been hearing a lot about this from my constituents recently because we’re in Seattle and it is so dark, and so if we make daylight saving permanent, it’s gonna be dark until none o’clock in the morning.”
Yes. And? Does she believe that they will get more sunlight if it comes earlier in the day or something? I wouldn’t be surprised if she did. Or if her constituents believed it, either.
Jayapal isn’t the only one tossing a wrench into what looked like a seamless and quick process. Al Green (D-TX) says he’s going to ask his staff for “some empirical studies about this” before making his decision. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) believes there will be discussions by committees first, saying there are different opinions on the matter.
For those of us who work actual jobs and would enjoy not having to adapt to a new schedule twice a year, tossing the ridiculous practice of turning clock hands back or forward twice a year would be awesome, but for those jagoffs in Congress, well, they don’t answer to anyone, least of all their constituents, and as John Yarmouth (D-KY) says, he can’t imagine the bill being fast-tracked through the House because he doesn’t think “many members have really thought through it.”
I do notice a trend with who is opposing the measure. See if you can figure it out.
Government sucks at everything. One of our parties in the government is the best at sucking.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Poor Asian Lady Assaulted In LAWLESS New York | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Family Being Evicted from Ronald McDonald House - Louder With ... ›
- Pete Doocy Asks WH if Legal Immigrants Get Money Too - Louder ... ›
- WH Teams With TikTok Stars to Spread Russia-Ukraine LIES ... ›
- Biden Admin Refuses to Invite Elon Musk to White House - Louder ... ›
- A Parody of That Horrible Biden 'Influencer' Video - Louder With ... ›
- House Distributes Masks with 'Made in China' Stamped on Them ... ›
- White House Withdrawing Anti-Gun David Chipman as ATF Head ... ›
- Candace Bure's Conservative Views a 'Curse' Says Newspaper ... ›
- Not Even Kamala Harris Can Explain the White House Strategy ... ›
- Conservative Counters White House TikTok Propaganda - Louder ... ›