AOC Contradicts Herself on Cancel Culture in Less Than 30 Minutes. It's Impressive, Really.
Of course Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would think cancel culture isn't a thing. There's nothing she says that you can't find in the comment section of VOX, or a "silly socialist talking points" subreddit (see AOC: LIFT YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS? "PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE" and AOC SAYS YOU SHOULDN'T GO BACK TO WORK. HERE'S HER DUMB REASON). But I have to be honest. The way she manages to contradict herself in two tweets within twenty minutes of each other is a remarkable feat.
The term “cancel culture” comes from entitlement - as though the person complaining has the right to a large, capti… https://t.co/eVus1KMiod— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)1594342824.0
Typical liberal nonsense, referencing the Harper's letter on canceling cancel culture that causes millions of leftist panties to get bunched up. But what makes this particularly amusing is that this was Congresswoman AOC twenty minutes earlier.
Oh look, it’s the sound of me Googling “how to make your own Adobo” https://t.co/YOScAcyAnC— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez)1594340572.0
"Cancel culture its totes fake" less than a half an hour after "cancel this person I totes don't like." But let's circle back to "odds are you're not actually cancelled." That gets thrown around as a rebuttal a lot, along with "this is the free market." It's a lot like saying "all lives matter" in that you've completely missed the point. The problem isn't people calling for boycotts or saying they aren't going to spend their money with someone they don't like. I don't spend my money with people I don't like. I just manage to do it without signaling my virtue to you about it.
The problem is the attitude from the left that anyone who has a platform that they aren't using to promote the progressive agenda — or worse, challenges the progressive agenda — needs to be shut down and destroyed. Doesn't matter if it's Goya Foods, Barstool Sports, Joe Rogan, a journalist who retweets a study, an editor who runs an op-ed, a professor who allows debate, or a local restaurant owner who participates in charities involving the local police department. It doesn't matter if their platform is big or small. If they have one and they aren't validating your leftist world view, they need to be silenced. One person doing it is an insufferable douche. Thousands of people doing it is a culture of insufferable douches.
Hence, cancel culture.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Jimmy Kimmel Should NOT be Cancelled for This | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- Charles Barkley's Cancel Culture Rant Makes Important Point ... ›
- Kevin Hart Speaks Out Against "Cancel Culture" - Louder With ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw on Cancel Culture and Mob Mentality - Louder With ... ›
- Ricky Gervais: Here's Why Cancel Culture Crosses the Line ... ›
- comedian calls out liberal victims of cancel culture: 'this is what you ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Mocks Cancel Culture, St. Patrick's Day ... ›
- Cancel Culture's Coming After NY Jets QB Zach Wilson - Louder ... ›
- AOC Blames and Attacks America for What's Happening in Cuba - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jonathan Pie Mocks the Left's WOKE Utopia - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Makes World-Ending Prediction Because of Climate Change - Louder With Crowder ›