Alec Baldwin charged in fatal 'Rust' shooting after over a year of denying guilt, blaming everyone else
Back in 2021, Alec Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of "Rust." Today it was announced he will be charged with involuntary manslaughter and faces up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine. His lawyer stated they plan to fight the charges and called the decision "a terrible miscarriage of justice."
The circumstances surrounding the shooting have long been a source of confusion. Baldwin was apparently practicing a cross-draw when he pointed the gun at Hutchins and pulled the trigger.
Later on, Baldwin claimed he actually didn't pull the trigger. He said he would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger. Except for that one time when he did and it killed someone. But that was a one-off.
\u201cEXCLUSIVE: "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," Alec Baldwin tells @GStephanopoulos in first interview since fatal shooting on set of "Rust."\n\nWatch TOMORROW at 8pm ET on @ABC and stream later on @Hulu. https://t.co/u7L88vylra\u201d— ABC News (@ABC News) 1638383575
After a nearly year-long investigation, the FBI helpfully chimed in and explained the gun couldn't have been fired without pulling the trigger. Thanks, FBI. Now, get back to ignoring red flags from future mass shooters. It's what you do best.
In Baldwin's defense, there may be a little bit of blame to go around here. Though most of it definitely rests on him, and not on Halyna Hutchins. Yes, he did really try to blame the woman he shot for her own death. Since he would never, ever pull a trigger. His fingers don't even bend in that direction.
Armorer Gutierrez-Reed, who is also facing charges, allegedly has a history of less-than-stellar safety practices onset. Namely, handing an 11-year-old actor an unchecked gun. In the biz, they refer to this as a "no-no."
She also reportedly fired a gun near the cast and crew of a Nicholas Cage movie without warning. Twice. This prompted Cage to yell, "Make an announcement, you just blew my f***ing eardrums out!"
This is obviously a very serious topic, but it makes a little more sense once you learn Gutierrez-Reed was a frequent TikToker. Her last brain cells were probably hanging on for dear life.
\u201cThis was the person in charge of firearms on Baldwin's production, no joke. @JUSTcatmeme2\u201d— Franklin\u300c\ud835\udc79\u300dSheckler \ud83d\udca1 (@Franklin\u300c\ud835\udc79\u300dSheckler \ud83d\udca1) 1634986123
Though Baldwin's refusal to admit his guilt is frustrating, hopefully, Halyna's family can find some peace in the charges filed. And maybe Baldwin will finally learn some basic gun safety. Like how triggers work.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
7 BAD Excuses for Alec Baldwin | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Watch: 'The View's' Sonny Hostin goes on racist tirade comparing white women to roaches ›
- 'It Used to be so Wild': Joe Rogan Blasts SNL for Turning Into Woke Crap ›
- HILARIOUS: South Park Roasts Unfunny Female Comedians. And it's Perfect! ›
- 'Did You S*** My Pants?': Megyn Kelly Can't Compose Herself During Interview with 'Joe Biden' ›
- Crowder Lays Out the Real Stats on Gun Crime That the Media Won't ›
- Why Is America OBSESSED with LGBTQ Icon Jeffrey Dahmer?! (Show Notes) ›
- Hilaria Baldwin Indicates People Who Thought She was Spanish were 'Confused.' Here's Video of Alec Imitating her Spanish Accent! ›
- Alec Baldwin marks one year anniversary of his killing a woman with unbelievable, tone-deaf Instagram post ›
- Hilaria Baldwin brings back fake Spanish accent - Louder With Crowder ›