Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
May 21, 2023
Social service kiosks?: NYC announces new plan to "combat" shoplifting that's beyond parody
New York City Mayor Eric Adams has unveiled a new plan to combat the city's rampant retail-theft problem. Like other progressive cities, NYC has an alarming number of people who go into stores and think they don't have to pay for stuff. And I know what you're thinking. "But Brodigan, that's because those cities stopped enforcing laws and let people steal. Wouldn't a new plan be to go back to enforcing laws?"
Two things. One, LOL you said "butt Brodigan." And B, you would think so, huh? Out here in Real America where you and I live, we have laws and DON'T have a rampant retail-theft problem. In New York City, they have new a plan to combat theirs. Or I should say "combat" in finger quotes.
NYC Mayor Eric Adams just unveiled his new plan to combat skyrocketing retail theft in the city.
These are not serious people. https://t.co/ovD5hT7APb pic.twitter.com/WCGai1CRHA
— AG (@AGHamilton29) May 20, 2023
Mayor Adams feels this new plan will tackle an issue that shows retail theft is up 44% and a third of suspects are repeat offenders.
Give first-time offender intervention programs instead of prosecution
Not prosecuting first-time offenders is how they become repeat offenders. You let them know they can get away with it, so they do.
De-escalation training for retail employees
It's unclear how you can de-escalate from currently doing nothing. Though I get a feeling a consultant will get paid a ludicrous amount of public tax dollars to tell us. Are the employees supposed to hold the bag as people shoplift?
Establish neighborhood retail watch groups to share theft info in real-time w/one another and NYPD.
I just... no.
This one is my favorite.
Install kiosks in stores to connect would-be thieves w/ social service programs
There are people working in your government who think if they set up computers in stores, someone who has the intention of stealing is going to see the computer, scroll through the information, and decide instead of continuing their criminal ways they are going to take the city up on their job training courses. Instead of the most likely outcome: stealing the kiosk too.
Our progressive cities are governed by nincompoops. Yet progressive voters keep reelecting them. It's a coin toss over who the biggest nincompoop is.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.
From Your Site Articles
- Liberal City Living: Homeless Man Drops Deuce in Subway Mop Bucket, Refuses to Stop ›
- NYC courthouse erects demonic-looking statute they claim is meant to pay homage to Ruth Bader Ginsburg ›
- Protests over migrants being housed in public school gyms expose NYC progressive hypocrisy ›
- NY Governor asked why so many people are fleeing her state, tosses an embarrassing word salad in response ›
- 'Looks like Black Jesus': Naked man discovered on subway floor, then he wakes up and the entertainment begins ›
- Watch: Riots break out in NYC and Memphis over the death of Tyre Nichols ›
- It's come to this: Gang of women dubbed 'Green Goblin Gang' terrorizes subway, brutally assault teens [Video] ›
- WATCH: NYC Mayor Warns Trump Supporters to 'Control Themselves,' Claims City Respects Law And Order ›
- Musical Tribute Blaming New York City for the Coronavirus Shutdown (Arthur's Theme Parody) ›
- NYPD calls bullplop that Harry and Meghan almost got Princess Diana'd by paparazzi in New York City ›
- Here's a parody of "Rich Men North of Richmond" - Louder With Crowder ›