Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
September 22, 2017
Legendary Mel Brooks: "Political correctness will be the death of comedy..."
Mel Brooks is responsible for 50% of everything I think is funny.
It's 50% Mel Brooks, then 50% everything from Buster Keaton to Dave Landau combined. In life's priority rankings, it goes my mom, my nieces, Mel Brooks...
I may have even started crying a little as I wrote this this morning, is what I'm saying.
And granted Brooks isn't the first to blast PC ruining comedy (see Jerry Seinfeld Claims Liberal Colleges are Killing Comedy Because… and New Movie Asks: Can We Take a Joke?). But he's definitely my favorite.
Society's "stupidly politically correct" sensibilities will lead to the "death of comedy", the veteran Hollywood comedian Mel Brooks has warned.Brooks, known for his plethora of acclaimed comedy movies, said political correctness was becoming a stranglehold on comedians.
"It's not good for comedy. Comedy has to walk a thin line, take risks," he said.
"Comedy is the lecherous little elf whispering in the king's ear, always telling the truth about human behaviour."
But where would Brooks draw the line?
"I personally would never touch gas chambers or the death of children or Jews at the hands of the Nazis," he told the BBC's Radio 4's Today programme."Everything else is ok."
Thank you, Uncle Mel. I realize you probably don't agree with 97% of what we write here, but reading your interview is at least a sign that not everyone has gone completely insane in 2017.
Buuuut a lot of people have:
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
From Your Site Articles
- comedian calls out liberal victims of cancel culture: 'this is what you ... ›
- Charles Barkley's Cancel Culture Rant Makes Important Point ... ›
- Ricky Gervais: Here's Why Cancel Culture Crosses the Line ... ›
- Alyssa Milano: Conservatives Are Weaponizing Cancel Culture ... ›
- Sebastian Maniscalco Mocks Cancel Culture, St. Patrick's Day ... ›
- Cancel Culture's Coming After NY Jets QB Zach Wilson - Louder ... ›
- Charles Barkley Debuts New Term for Women - Louder With Crowder ›
- Why comedy is more important than EVER - Louder With Crowder ›