Local Gym Owners Sue Andrew Cuomo for Tyrannical Shutdown Orders
Gyms in New York were supposed to be open in phase 4. "Supposed to" are the key words here. Because Gov. Chris's Idiot Brother (see ANDREW CUOMO GOES FULL BUTTHEAD, THREATENS RETALIATION OVER IGNORING HIS COVID REGULATIONS and REPORT: OVER 4,300 COVID PATIENTS WERE SENT TO NEW YORK NURSING HOMES) decided that gyms couldn't open in phase 4 any more. And there's no phase 5. So as for when gyms can open up again, Cuomo isn't telling anyone, least of all the gym owners throughout the state who have had to file a class action lawsuit.
"We were waiting and waiting to see how the gyms and other industries were going to open up in Phase Four," says Slope Fitness Co-Owner Michael Carlin. "And last week the governor, who I respect, sucker punched us."
Also upsetting to the gym owners is the fact that the state has not provided guidance about when they will be able to reopen.
Co-Owner Sydney Carlin asks, "If there's no Phase 5 and we're no longer part of Phase 4, when is it our turn to open?"
Owners of the gym say they should be considered essential businesses because they help people get or stay healthy.
But their financial health is failing as they face rent and insurance bills but cannot collect dues from members.
I keep going back to the day Cuomo first shut down the New York gyms, because I was working out in one at the very moment he did. Everyone was giving each other space. Everyone was wiping down the machines after themselves. The gym even brought on more cleaning personnel to scrub whatever hadn't been scrubbed in the last hour. How this tyrant thinks working out makes you more susceptible to catching the 'rona, as opposed shopping at Walmart or any of the other essential businesses OR business that opened in phases 1-4, I have no idea. And don't give me this bullshit about social distancing. Weight machines are usually at least six feet away from each other than it is, which is more than I can say about the protests that Cuomo supports while telling people it's still not safe for them to go to church.
Obviously Cuomo is on a power trip. Suing him is the only option that business owners have left.
Steven goes OFF on Fredo! (AKA Chris Cuomo) | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Jake Tapper Shares Facts About Andrew Cuomo and COVID-19. - Louder With Crowder ›
- Bar Finds Way Around Andrew Cuomo's Latest COVID Restriction - Louder With Crowder ›
- NJ Gym Arrested for Reopening: "I'm Not Afraid of Tyrants" - Louder With Crowder ›
- These Images Illustrate Andrew Cuomo COVID-19 Hypocrisy ›
- NY's COVID Nursing Home Deaths are Worse Than Thought - Louder With Crowder ›
- Andrew Cuomo Is Writing a Book on His COVID Response - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz Blasts Andrew Cuomo's COVID Response on 'The View' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Andrew Cuomo: Don't Trust the FDA, Trust Me Instead - Louder With Crowder ›