JP Sears Imagines How It Feels to be 'Free Speech' These Days
If "free speech" were a person, it wouldn't have any friends these days. Gretchen Wieners would tell Free Speech they couldn't sit with her. The seniors would be chasing Free Speech with wooden paddles after the last day of school. Johnny Lawrence would be bullying "Free Speech" at the Halloween Dance. 1980s Johnny Lawrence, not the 2021 version. I know that's a lot of movie references. It's because I don't know what else to say that won't be throttled by Facebook's algorithm. Or the people who design the algorithm.
Anyway, I'm glad we had this talk. Here's JP Sears with a purely satirical yet somewhat accurate interpretation of matters.
How People Treat Free Speech These Days youtu.be
"But what will you guys talk about without me?"
"Whatever the media tells us to talk about."
"How would express what's on your mind and heart as an individual then?"
"I don't know. We haven't thought that far ahead."
While satirical, I find the line about the media to be interesting. Spears implying the current attacks on free speech by "the media" -- however that's defined -- are because they want to control what we're allowed to say. If you are someone who agrees, you may find this clip from CNN of interest. Also, this video of Jack Dorsey addressing Twitter employees.
Poor, sad Free Speech. I'd like to be able to tell you "it gets better." But some mornings I wake up and am not sure I believe that myself.
Midnight MugClub (Midnight Cowboy Parody) | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- The Elitists Who Want to Control You? Meet Their Leader ... - Louder ... ›
- JP Sears Illustrates the Reason Behind Twitter/NYP Drama - Louder ... ›
- JP Sears Found a Disease Worse Than COVID - Louder With Crowder ›
- WATCH: JP Sears "Offendy Awards" Mocks the Outrage Culture of ... ›
- JP Sears Mocks Tesla Owners Who "Pretend to Save the ... ›
- JP Sears Prepares You for Being More Obedient to Your ... ›
- JP Sears Reveals Six Parenting Virtues Guaranteed to Raise Weak ... ›
- JP Sears Uses Cars to Point Out Absurdity of Lockdowns - Louder ... ›
- JP Sears of 'Ultra Spiritual' Makes Mincemeat of 'Higher Education ... ›
- JP Sears: It's Brave to Blindly Follow the Media - Louder With Crowder ›