'Eat My A**': Jon Stewart Responds to Newsweek That, No, He Doesn't Think JK Rowling is Anti-Semitic
Jon Stewart was trending all day on Twitter for calling JK Rowling a transphobe. Wait, not a transphobe. I'm confusing outrages. He accused her of being an antisemite. Except, according to Jon Stewart, he didn't. And this is just another example of Jon Stewart discovering how the media operates since he's been gone.
It's similar to the media accusing a border agent of horse shipping a migrant because an activist tweeted a thing. The thing was a clip from a podcast Jon Stewart did a month ago. It was a light-hearted conversation, where he discussed the bankers from the Harry Potter movies. It isn't a new criticism, albeit it's still a dumb one.
So @jonstewart recently broke Hollywood's complete silence on @jk_rowling unapologetically maintaining antisemitic folklore through Harry Potter. pic.twitter.com/ezWrxpzryB
— raf (@rafaelshimunov) January 3, 2022
It was reported by Newsweek as "Jon Stewart accuses J.K. Rowling of antisemitism in 'Harry Potter'" even though, while she wrote the books, I'm certain Rowling didn't have her hands in every aspect of movie production, like art direction or costuming.
According to Newsweek, Stewart "hit out at J.K. Rowling over antisemitic caricatures in the Harry Potter books and movies, and questioned why there is not more outrage over the goblins in the franchise," and claimed the comedian "shared his frustration at the trope."
According to Jon Stewart, Newsweek can quote "eat his ass." He responded to the trend this afternoon and made it clear none of it is true.
Newsweek et al, may eat my ass. pic.twitter.com/eRoYYeNRi1
— Jon Stewart (@jonstewart) January 5, 2022
"Let me say this super clearly, as clearly as I can. [...] I do not think JK Rowling is antisemitic. I did not accuse her of being antisemitic. I do not think the Harry Potter movies are antisemitic. I really love the Harry Potter movies, probably too much for a gentleman of my considerable age. [...] [JK Rowling] need not answer to any of it. I don't want the Harry Potter movies censored in any way. It was a lighthearted conversation. Get a fucking grip."
It's very similar to last year when Stewart told a funny joke on "The Colbert Show" about the pandemic, and he was accused of being anti-science and attacking scientists. When the only shocking thing was that something funny was said on "The Colbert Show."
Welcome to 2021, Jon. Things have changed a bit.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
- Mike Rowe Wrecks Joe Biden Over Speech - Louder With Crowder ›
- Belligerent Woman Attacks Convenience Store Clerk, Discovers ›
- Makes Terrible Rap Song Supporting General Milley - Louder With ... ›
- Jim Breuer Mocks People Still Living in Fear of COVID - Louder With ... ›
- Dane Carvey Nails Epic Biden Impersonation on Late Show ... ›
- Jon Stewart Comes to Jon Rogan's Defense - Louder With Crowder ›
- Jon Stewart Defends Joe Rogan Again, Exposes Narrative - Louder With Crowder ›
- JK Rowling Defends Activist Speaking Out Against Scottish Law ›
- JK Rowling Defends Activist Speaking Out Against Scottish Law - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dallas convenience Store Clerk Fights Angry Customer - Louder With Crowder ›
- Show Notes: Top 5 Reasons to Cancel Tom Brady - Louder With Crowder ›
- JK Rowling Laughs Off Latest Death Threat - Louder With Crowder ›