Audience Member Calls Cops on Comedian for Joke, Forces Comedian to Explain Context of Joke to Authorities
Comedy is going to die if the left has anything to say about it. As much as some comedians come out to defend their craft against those who would shut them up, there are still too many people who are looking to censor them. And perhaps the number of people willing to get up on stage and attack a comedian is few at the moment, the number of people who are out there to be offended is innumerable.
And for every person who gets butt-hurt over a joke, there's a person itching to silence the person who caused the butt-hurt. And who better to silence them than the people with guns.
For comedian Joe Lycett, reports Daily Caller, that's what happened to him when an upset attendee called the cops to report him for a f*cking joke!
Lycett detailed the incident on social media, tweeting out a statement.
"So someone came to my tour show a few weeks back and was offended by one of the jokes. And their perfectly understandable response to this was... to call the f*cking police. To be fair to them the fuzz were very nice about it all but felt they had a duty to investigate. This involved me writing a statement explaining the context of the joke for them; I particularly enjoyed putting the words 'giant donkey dick' into a message to a police detective."
Pure comedic gold! I do believe Lycett is doing us a disservice by not detailing the entire joke for us, but seeing as how he's still on tour, one can understand not wanting to ruin his show. And for those of you thinking he might cut the joke from his set, you might be happy to know you're wrong.
"You'll be pleased to know that the joke - which I consider to be one of the best I've ever written - remains firmly and proudly in the show."
Lycett assures his fans--of which I will gladly count myself among after this--that he will continue his tour until September unless he's thrown in jail first.
It's ridiculous that someone would get so upset about a joke that they find it suitable to call the police, but I'm glad the police didn't take it seriously and Lycett hasn't backed down. The cancel culture mob only wins if one allows them to win. They aren't a large crowd; they're just loud and annoying and stupid.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Ben Shapiro Calls Crowder a SICK SON OF A B****! | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Megyn Kelly Interviews Joe Biden Impersonator - Louder With ... ›
- Comedian Bill Burr has an Issue with Outrage Mob Justice on Social ... ›
- Comedian Goes Berserk Over Will Smith: 'F***ing Zero Respect for ... ›
- Remembering One of Comedy's Legends: Gilbert Gottfried - Louder ... ›
- Ben Shapiro Reacts to Comedian's Bit About Him - Louder With ... ›
- Comedian Explains How It Feels To Admit You're Conservative ... ›
- Comedian Nails PERFECT Anthony Fauci Impersonation - Louder ... ›
- Dave Chappelle Attacker Speaks, Admits He Assaulted Comedian ... ›
- Comedian Destroys Joe Biden Voters for Pretending - Louder With ... ›
- Comedian Takes a Stand Against 'Bald Wife Jokes' in New PSA ... ›
- 'She's a Moron': Megyn Kelly Wrecks AOC Over SCOTUS Comments - Louder With Crowder ›