Watch: Ilhan Omar whines she was only booted from House Committee because GOP hates she's a Muslim
Earlier this week, Rep. Ilhan Omar joined forces with MSNBC's Joy Reid to take down the racist, sexist Republicans who stripped her of her committee assignments. On account of her apparent disdain for the Jewish people. But they left that part out. Small detail.
Omar claimed this whole thing actually isn't about antisemitism. Oh no. It's about "saying this particular member of Congress isn't allowed to have a voice on the Foreign Affairs Committee. This particular member of Congress is someone that we don't think is important in voicing."
She then whined that Republicans "don’t actually think Muslims or, you know, refugees or immigrants in this country can appropriately criticize U.S. policy, can appropriately criticize, you know, policies of other countries."
\u201c.@IlhanMN: "We know what this is about ... They don\u2019t actually think Muslims or, you know, refugees or immigrants in this country can appropriately criticize U.S. policy, can appropriately criticize, you know, policies of other countries."\u201d— Tom Elliott (@Tom Elliott) 1675373050
She then took it a step further and claimed this is a violation of her First Amendment rights and the Constitution. Last I checked, there's no Constitutional right to be on a Congressional committee. Maybe it's in the same place as the rights to abortion and contraception. They've been hiding those for years.
As to her point, I think I can speak for the majority of Republicans when I say anyone can criticize anything any country does as much as they want. That's kinda the point of free speech. Buuuttt, if you're living here illegally, then yeah, your opinion is going to have less weight. Because you aren't a citizen and can't vote. Isn't that how this whole "democracy" thing Ilhan and her squad love so much is supposed to work?
But back to the main debacle. Ilhan doesn't seem to be getting the point. So here it is again, plain and simple: it's definitely the anti-semitism. It's really, really not because she's a Muslim woman. It's the "all about the Benjamins," "Israel hypnotized the world," etc. etc.
Oh, and maybe the "some people did something" too. That's not a great way to address one of the most horrific terrorist attacks in American history. As a member of the Foreign Affairs Committee. Might've ruffled a few feathers there.
- Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi Get Compared to 'Dumb & Dumber' Duo and You Won't Unsee This ›
- They Voted to Defund and Disband Police, Now Wealthy Neighborhoods Are Crowdfunding to Pay for More ›
- SHOW NOTES: It's Time to Save Christmas from COMMIE Santa! ›
- Eureka! Kevin McCarthy cuts deal with rebels and we might have a Speaker of the House today ›
- Watch: AOC Fakes Being Handcuffed Outside of SCOTUS Protest Because That's Such an AOC Thing to Do ›
- Kevin McCarthy follows through on first promise, YEETS Reps. Schiff, Swalwell, and Omar off of committees ›
- Watch: Ilhan Omar defends her anti-semitism by claiming she wasn't aware she was being anti-semitic ›
- Dear Ilhan Omar: It's Not Because You're Muslim. It's Because You're a Hateful Sh*t Stick ›
- AOC melts down over Ilhan Omar's removal from congressional committee and it's glorious to watch ›