Watch: Ilhan Omar defends her anti-semitism by claiming she wasn't aware she was being anti-semitic
Yesterday, Rep. Ilhan Omar appeared on CNN's 'State of the Union,' alongside Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell to whine about Kevin McCarthy stripping them of committee assignments. Y'know, due to their threat to national security and rampant anti-semitism. What a meanie-head.
During the interview, she claimed she "wasn't aware" of stereotypes surrounding Jewish people and money. Seriously. She said, "I certainly did not or was not aware that the word ‘hypnotized’ was a trope. I wasn’t aware of the fact that there are tropes about Jews and money. That has been [a] very enlightening part of this journey. To insinuate that I knowingly said these things when people have read into my comments to make it sound as if I have something against the Jewish community is so wrong.”
Well, Ilhan, we assumed you would have opened a history book since, I don't know, the Middle Ages. Our bad.
\u201cIlhan Omar employed one antisemitic trope in 2012, after which she said learned all about antisemitism "from Jewish orgs."\n\nShe then employed another one in 2019.\n\nBut she didn't know there are tropes about Jews and money? \ud83e\udd14\n\nWho believes this stuff?\n\nhttps://t.co/9TXyuJe9Jy\u201d— Avi Mayer (@Avi Mayer) 1675039316
Omar has a history of questionable public comments about Jewish people. In 2019, she tweeted, "It's all about the Benjamins, baby" regarding members of Congress allegedly taking bribes from Israel. She also claimed Israel "hypnotized the world". Seems like maybe she knew about a certain stereotype regarding a certain group of people and money. Weird!
Omar has also publicly doubled, then tripled down on her anti-semitic takes time and time again. In 2021, Jake Tapper tried to give her an out, asking, "So those anti-Semitic comments you made comparing Israel to Hamas, you take those back, right?"
But silly Omar responded, "I don't so. I think it's really important to think back to the point that I was trying to make."
She then proceeded to make matters even worse by criticizing her Jewish colleagues: "I think it's really important for these members to realize that they haven't been partners in justice, they haven't been, you know, equally engaging in seeking justice around the world."
You can lead a horse to water...
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- As White House teases student loan forgiveness AGAIN, here are four things to remember ›
- Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi Get Compared to 'Dumb & Dumber' Duo and You Won't Unsee This ›
- They Voted to Defund and Disband Police, Now Wealthy Neighborhoods Are Crowdfunding to Pay for More ›
- Eureka! Kevin McCarthy cuts deal with rebels and we might have a Speaker of the House today ›
- Watch: AOC Fakes Being Handcuffed Outside of SCOTUS Protest Because That's Such an AOC Thing to Do ›
- Kevin McCarthy follows through on first promise, YEETS Reps. Schiff, Swalwell, and Omar off of committees ›
- Dear Ilhan Omar: It's Not Because You're Muslim. It's Because You're a Hateful Sh*t Stick ›
- Watch: Ilhan Omar wines she was only booted fro, House Committee because GOP hates she's Muslim - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: Ilhan Omar whines she was only booted from House Committee because GOP hates she's a Muslim - Louder With Crowder ›