Hispanic Students Forced to Take CRT Course Fail, Concerned Teacher: ‘Like Extreme Brainwashing’
It’s the fall 2020 semester. The pandemic is in full swing, most learning in public schools is online, and the majority Hispanic student body of a Salinas, California, high school are failing their mandatory ethnic studies course. Kali Fontanilla, an English teacher at the school teaching primarily native Spanish speakers, wanted to know why approximately half of all her students were failing the course. She did a little digging.
“This was like extreme brainwashing of these kids,” Fontanilla said.
The syllabus for the course states that,
“[S]tudents will understand the intersectional themes of indigeneity, coloniality and hegemony to explore issues of self and communal identities, examine intergenerational trauma and foster collective hope and healing.”
“The kids don’t even want this stuff,” Fontanilla noted. “Most of them are just like, ‘Why do we have to take this class.”
Lessons include learning about the “four I’s of oppression”: institutional, internalized, ideological, and interpersonal oppression. Some of the activities include ranking their intersectional identities with colored string to make rainbows and comparing rainbows with their peers, mock trials of historical figures, and privilege quizzes.
Fontanilla recognized what most sane people would: “It’s hyper-race-focused. And whenever there’s hyper race focus, racism will follow.”
Fontanilla is a woman of Jamaican descent who describes herself as a Christian conservative. As such, she took to the school board to protest the overtly racist material, receiving an outpouring of support from many parents, as well as harassment online.
“Have fun being a token black friend to racist conservative your whole life.”
Unsurprisingly, “They’re all basically white liberals,” Fontanilla says, describing the people attacking her for speaking out.
California students are required to take these CRT-laden ethnic studies courses after Newsom signed a mandate into law on October 8, 2021, so this is only going to be spreading.
Is this occurring in your children’s schools? Do you know what your kids are being taught? It might be time to start looking into it.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
- Loudoun County Consultant: Public School Isn't For Learning ... ›
- Condoleezza Rice Wrecks 'The View' Over CRT - Louder With ... ›
- Ben Shapiro Issues Statement After Bill Maher's Show - Louder With ... ›
- Ibram X. Kendi Shares Article Disproving Systemic Racism - Louder ... ›
- Superintendent Says CRT is Embedded ALL OVER Curriculum ... ›
- Hasbro Insider Exposes CRT Indoctrination Inside Toy Company ... ›
- Indiana School Administrator Admits CRT is Taught in Schools ... ›
- Interracial Couple Has Significant Issue with CRT - Louder With ... ›
- JP Sears on the 'Horrors' of Teaching Critical Race Theory - Louder ... ›
- Professor Savages Critical Race Theory Proponents on the Dr. Phil ... ›
- 1974 Law Can Combat CRT in Schools, Parents Need Only Act - Louder With Crowder ›