DEBUNKED: New Liberal Study Says Guns Don't Deter Crime. Why It's False...
There's a new "study" that has liberals hearts aflutter... it claims that guns don't deter crime... therefore, the 2nd Amendment is now irrelevant. You can read the whole "study" at the hyperlink, but here's an excerpt.
Numerous studies have found that gun ownership correlates with gun homicide, and homicide by gun is the most common type of homicide in the United States.
Excuse us while we laugh hysterically for a moment...
This is of course, not true. While we have the utmost respect for our police force, and we know security systems are great and dogs remain man's best friend, the only sure fire way to stop a crime - particularly a violent one - is with a firearm.
How do we know this? Facts, Watson. The facts.
Let's take a look at some actual statistics, shall we?
- Guns are used to deter up to 2.5 MILLION crimes per year. (The afore mentioned study must have missed those 2.5 million instances in its report.)
- Upwards of 200,000 women use a firearm to defend themselves from sexual abuse each year. See the thing is, the average unarmed man is going to be able to overpower the average unarmed woman. But put an average unarmed man up against the average armed woman... boom. Women's liberation.
- Fireams are utilized in general self-defense approximately 1.5 million times a year.
- As private gun ownership in America has increased in recent decades, the national murder rate has seen a sharp decline.
- In fact, as more citizens buy more guns, crimes of all nature sees a decline. According to the NRA:
- The nation’s total violent crime rate, which includes murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault, decreased five percent between 2012 and 2013, to a 43-year low, down 52 percent since the all-time high recorded in 1991.
- Rape fell seven percent, to a 40-year low, down 40 percent since 1991.
- Robbery fell 3.5 percent, to a 46-year low, down 60 percent since 1991.
- aggravated assault fell 5.6 percent, to a 39-year low, down 47 percent since 1991.
Of course, add to all this the fact that countries with the strictest gun control laws also tend to have the world's highest homicide rates, firearm crimes in Britain have doubled since guns were outlawed there, etc... and what you end up with is the irrefutable truth that the 2nd Amendment stands as a promise of hope for a free people and deters crime everyday.
But don't take our word for it. Here's liberal James Madison, to help you understand.