Marvel actor dumps over what crap Hollywood has become: 'you're making movies for 16-year-olds and China'
A 2017 clip has resurfaced of Anthony Mackie taking a dump all over what Hollywood had turned into. In light of \sh*tting on Hollywood always being fun, I thought we'd enjoy revisiting. Keep in mind, this clip is from five years ago and it sounds like an accurate criticism of the movie industry today.
That means everything Anthony Mackie says has gotten five years worse.
Anthony Mackie on why most movies today are trash.
"You're now making movies for 16-year-olds and China. And that's it." pic.twitter.com/qSbo6ar5bN
— Catch Up (@CatchUpNetwork) September 26, 2022
People will go see movies... just because they said it's going to be number one and everybody knows the movie's bad.
Mackie described me, my friends, and 75% of the big-budget "franchise" movies we've seen. It wasn't until the pandemic and art went away for a little bit that I realized a) how cheap a lot of it was, and b) I didn't miss it when it was gone. That goes for movies, and it also goes for a lot of television shows as well with some exceptions. One is Yellowstone. Another is Titans, and that goes back to a comic franchise.
The evolution of the superhero has meant the death of the movie star. And that's the fear now because you're now making movies for sixteen-year-olds and China. And that's it. You think of some of your movies growing up, those movies wouldn't get made today.
Ironic comments for a man who, since he made them, has assumed the role of Captain America and is going to be making those movies he complained about for the rest of his life. And making them for China, where they rewrite movies and force actors to bend over for the communist Chinese. Also, I seem to remember the Captain America movies having extra titles ("The First Avenger," "The Winter Soldier") so that China could drop the "Captain America" part. But I could be wrong.
Mackie's broader point leads to my challenge to you. Can you name the last GOOD, non-franchise movie you remember watching in the theaters? The only recent movie I remember enjoying at all was Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is a franchise and one I waited to watch when I didn't have to leave my basement
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- 'Stay Prayed Up': Mark Wahlberg Breaks From Hollywood, Encourages Fans to Pray With Him ›
- Watch: Tim Robbins blasts vitriol spewed by Hollywood celebs (like Sean Penn) toward Americans over the lockdowns ›
- Dear Gay Hollywood: Actually, Your Portrayal of Lesbians is a Lie... ›
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Gaying All the Things, Especially Straight Characters... ›
- JORDAN PETERSON WRECKS HOLLYWOOD HARLOT OLIVIA WILDE (Show Notes) ›
- Watch: Mark Wahlberg knows believing in Jesus isn't popular in Hollywood, but refuses to deny his faith ›
- Hollywood Star Puts Entertainment Industry on Blast: ‘There’s a Reason You See People Dressed Up as Satan’ ›
- Denzel Washington Delivers Powerful Message on Hollywood's Arrogance: 'I Don't Play that Precious Nonsense' ›