Mumford & Sons Guitarist Takes Back Andy Ngo Apology, Leaves Band Instead to 'Freely Speak His Mind'
Back in March, Mumford & Sons guitarist Winston Marshall triggered Outrage Twitter by tweeting a nice thing about Andy Ngo's new book. More than leftists hate Andy Ngo for exposing Antifa as a terrorist organization, they hate anyone famous who has an opposing viewpoint from theirs. Marshall followed the usual script upon being attacked. He apologized for the high crime of tweeting a nice thing about a book he read. He begged for forgiveness. He said he was taking a leave of absence from the band to reflect on what he did and how he can better himself from it.
That's where the script gets flipped. Marshall is back from his sabbatical. What he learned is that apologizing was a mistake, he's not sorry, and he's instead of leaving the band outright so that he's free to speak his mind. The now-former band member explained why in a Medium post.
The truth is that reporting on extremism at the great risk of endangering oneself is unquestionably brave. I also feel that my previous apology in a small way participates in the lie that such extremism does not exist, or worse, is a force for good.
I could remain and continue to self-censor but it will erode my sense of integrity. Gnaw my conscience. I've already felt that beginning.
The only way forward for me is to leave the band. I hope in distancing myself from them I am able to speak my mind without them suffering the consequences.
Good for him. Usually, the "time away to reflect" is an excuse to stop having to deal with it. Go away. Hope people forget. Cut a check to the Minnesota Freedom Fund if they don't. Marshall reflected and decided he was right the first time.
I won't front and claim to be a fan of the band. I had a bunch of "Ho Hey" jokes until I realized that was the Lumineers. The absurdity of having to leave a rock band because it's the only way to be free to "speak your mind" is just that. Especially when Marshall's controversial opinion is that the far left may be kinda, sorta, at least equally as bad as the "far right." But we're dealing with progressive douchelords who think anything short of calling Antifa beautiful and brave is akin to hate speech.
I hope Marshall keeps speaking out and making music.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Did John McAfee Kill Himself? Probably not... | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Cop Car Warns Protesters to Get Out of the Way of Else - Louder ... ›
- Video Shows Women Twerking on Moving Cop Car - Louder With ... ›
- 'Defund the Police'? Deregulate the Second Amendment First ... ›
- FLASHBACK: Steven Crowder confronts a convicted Antifa thug ... ›
- Disabled Marine Hospitalized By Portland Antifa Speaks Out ... ›
- Antifa Goon Jumps on Elderly Man's Car, Quickly Discovers How ›
- Crowder Takes Joe Rogan Behind the Scenes with Infiltrating Antifa ... ›
- Back to Berkeley: AntiFa Leftists Brutally Attack Trump Supporters ... ›
- Barstool's Dave Portnoy Interviews an Antifa Protester - Louder With ... ›
- Antifa Member Convicted of Violent Crime on Portland - Louder With Crowder ›
- Black Mom Confronts Antifa for Assaulting Her Kids - Louder With Crowder ›
- Video Shows Women Twerking on Moving Cop Car - Louder With Crowder ›