President Trump Issues Blunt Statement on Political Violence
In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking, and NO vandalism of any kind. That is not what I stand for and it is not what America stands for. I call on ALL Americans to help ease tensions and calm tempers. Thank you.
I believe Trump without Twitter, spending the next few days communicating the old-fashioned way, is going to be a teachable moment. The main reason for Trump relying on Twitter was to get around the media filter. His belief and the belief of many Republicans is that the media doesn't play fair. They'll twist a Republican's words around to the point where what's reported about what they said isn't actually what they said. Trump addressing the American people was his way around that, warts and all. I'll let you decide if that's a net positive or a net negative.
But now, let's watch. President Trump is forced to communicate through either press release or press briefing. The paragraph I just posted is the entirety of the statement. Or, so I think. It's how it's reported by Fox News, which was given the exclusive before it went out to the rest of the press. Let's say that's the entirety of the statement. Now go forth and look for news on the media.
Let's see how that seemingly milquetoast, non-controversial call for peace is reported by the media. See how/if it's chopped up and hidden in between the author's "opinion" disguised as news. See if the statement is even acknowledged in the media in the first place. See how "unbiased" reporters are tweeting about it on their own. Just like Twitter has shown us Trump, warts and all, one can argue it's done the same to the people we're supposed to trust for the news.
Keep an eye on the news today and let's see if and how Trump's statement is delivered by the media to the American people. Let me know what you find out.
Dr. Trump (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Joe Biden Calls Trump Supporters 'Ugly Folk' for Honking - Louder ... ›
- CNN Tries to Force Martin Luther King III to Disavow Trump. He ... ›
- SHOCKER: 45% of Gay Men Plan to Vote for Donald Trump ... ›
- Donald Trump to Award Medal of Freedom to a True Patriot: Head ... ›
- Did the MEDIA hold Biden and Trump to a different set of standards ... ›
- Donald Trump: "I Identify More as a Democrat". Emphatically Praises ... ›
- DEBATE RECAP: Trump and Biden spar over the Affordable Care ... ›
- Trump-hating press takes Trump quote out of context and gets ... ›
- Missing Donald Trump's Tweets? Here's Where to Find the Entire ... ›
- 'Would your opinion of Trump change if he condemns Nazis ... ›