Top 5 Presidential Quotes About the Importance of Mothers
Happy Mother's Day! Here's to you, moms... you gave us life, washed our faces, taught us how to behave, and invested everything you had into our lives. Unfortunately you also force-fed us vegetables, but we'll let that one slide. We wouldn't be here without you. Literally (please note the proper use of "literally).
We'll buy you flowers, and gift cards, and cakes, and cooking utensils... but no matter what thing we may find to give you, the message will always be the same. YOU are the best mom in the entire world.
Thank you. Thank you for being Mom.
In honor of your day, moms, here's quotes from 5 Presidents who understood the unspeakable value of motherhood:
1. "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." - Abraham Lincoln
2. "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." - George Washington
3. "My mother told me that everything in life happened for a purpose. She said all things were part of God’s plan, even the most disheartening setbacks, and in the end, everything worked out for the best." - Ronald Reagan
4. "There is perhaps no more powerful link than the love between mother and child." - Bill Clinton
5. "By providing a nurturing environment where their children can grow in confidence and character, mothers lay the foundation for the next generation of Americans to realize their full potential." - George W. Bush