Rush Limbaugh Say President's Comments on Behavior of NFL "Make him nervous"
Yes, President Hillary Clinton would be worse. Are we good? Good.
With that out of the way, we discussed concerns we have with the president yesterday. I know not everyone agreed, though Trump doubled down because "hey look, people are reacting to this shiny thing."
Network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked. Not fair to public!— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump) 1507766982.0
We weren't the only ones though. Rush Limbaugh expressed some concerns too, only on the NFL. Yes, Trump got the NFL to cave on the National Anthem protests (kinda). But at what cost?
Time-stamped to the goods.
There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from.
Trump is continually tweeting — I know what he’s doing, and I understand why he’s doing it, and his motives are pure; don’t misunderstand. But I don’t think that it is useful or helpful for any employee anywhere to be forced to do something because the government says they must.
We don’t want the president being able to demand anybody that he’s unhappy with behave in a way he requires.
I totally get the excitement over a win in the "culture war." That's nothing to dismiss. Full stop.
But it's time to think long and hard about "at what cost" because America is entering a dangerous area where revenge politics are what drive us. President Trump wants to get back at President Obama, who was to get back at President Bush, who was to get back at President Clinton. But things have escalated so much under President Trump, what happens when it's President Kamala Harris or President Bernie Sanders calling the shots?
The precedent Trump sets paves the way for the next Democrat President, and if you think they won't abuse it, I've got news for you:
All we're saying is that, yes, while Hillary Clinton would have been worse, we should maybe slow our roll a little bit before celebrating every tweet that comes shooting out of the president's phone.
Donald Trump has no business commenting on private business dealings as president. He's no longer a private citizen. What you feel about Trump doesn't matter. If Obama had said what Trump has said to the NFL or any private organization, you wouldn't be pleased. That's the test.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- Rush: Skip the SCOTUS Confirmation Hearings Altogether - Louder With Crowder ›
- SJWs Get Their Scalp: Gina Carano Fired from 'The Mandalorian' - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: Cancel Gina Carano? Go Screw Yourselves... - Louder With Crowder ›
- Rush Limbaugh, 70, Loses His Battle with Lung Cancer ›
- Trump Breaks Media Silence, Pays Tribute to Rush Limbaugh ›
- Trump Breaks Media Silence, Pays Tribute to Rush Limbaugh - Louder With Crowder ›
- Flashback: Rush Limbaugh's Legendary CPAC Speech, 'Who We Conservatives Are ...' - Louder With Crowder ›
- SHOW NOTES: Remembering Rush Limbaugh: The Left Hated Him Because It Feared Him - Louder With Crowder ›