'Outrageous, Ridiculous, and Cruel': Mother Destroys School Board for Continuing Mask Mandate Out of Spite
So, one would have thought that things would have started to shape up for the better in Virginia after Governor Glenn Youngkin was elected. He did enter office and pencil whip the sh*t out of some executive orders, banning Critical Race Theory and ending all mask mandates in schools, but there are a handful of districts that have chosen to give the governor a big middle finger.
Teachers in these districts have gone so far as to say they will ostracize and bully maskless children until they comply. However, Carrie Lukas, a mother of children in the Fairfax County Public Schools, has had enough of the insanity.
At the January 27 meeting of the school board, Lukas laid into them, pointing out how hypocritical the entire charade is.
"Across Virginia, right now adults are gathering in gyms, bars, and clubs and laughing together maskless. Yet my 5 kids just spent 8 hours in masks in Fairfax County Public Schools."\n\n@carrielukas spoke before the Fairfax County Public School Board tonight and it's a must listen:— Independent Women's Voice (@Independent Women's Voice) 1643333147
“Across Virginia, right now, adults are gathering in gyms, bars and clubs and laughing together maskless. Yet my five kids spent all day today, eight hours, in masks in Fairfax County Public Schools. My first grader has never been inside his school without a mask. He’s never had a chance to smile at his friends or hear his teachers’ unmuffled voice, and it is outrageous and ridiculous. […] I know that most of the teachers know this is lunacy and cruel to kids.”
If she had only decided to tear her local school board a new one, it would have been great. But Lukas is too awesome to leave it at that, so she did us one better: she called for the government to start funding students, not systems, allowing parents to divest from terrible public schools and fund their education elsewhere.
“Parents should be given control of that per-pupil spending so that we can find educators who respect us and so that we don’t have to come here begging to you to have some decision making. […] It’s time for Virginia to give parents like me the ability to just leave this school system that very clearly doesn’t want us anyway.”
Freakin’ solid! More of this, please!
I mean, I’d really like everyone to just leave the public school system, join together in little local groups and teach our own kiddos, safe from the claws of the government, but Lukas’ short speech is a good, small step in the right direction.
I hope everyone on that school board understands that the more they screw with parents and their children, the board’s numbered days become fewer and fewer and speed by faster and faster.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
- School Board Member Takes Children on Field Trip Gay Bar ... ›
- Immigrant Father Explodes on 'Disgraced' School Board - Louder ... ›
- Iranian Dad 'Congratulates' Loudoun County school board. - Louder ... ›
- AZ School Board President Busted with Dossiers of Parents - Louder ... ›
- Mayor Gives Ohio School Board Choice: Resign or Be Charged ... ›
- Minnesota Student Tells School Board He's Leaving Over CRT ... ›
- Teacher Tells School Board Where to Stick Its Indoctrination ... ›
- School Board Meeting Gets Pranked with Explicit Fake Names ... ›
- Man Unloads on School Board with Lesson About Free Speech ... ›
- Mother Goes OFF on CA School Board Over Antifa Teacher - Louder ... ›
- Adam Carolla's Pn Why Liberals Keep School Mask Mandates - Louder With Crowder ›