WaPo colludes with Democrat Senator to force Elon Musk investigation, but Musk gets the last laugh (for now)
Elon Musk's rollout of giving a verified checkmark to anyone who pays $8 has proven to be a disaster. However, corporate media (who hates Musk) and the Democrat Party (who hates Musk) colluding on the issue doesn't send the message they think it does.
Anyone who paid $8 could be verified, and some users took the opportunity for shenanigans. Most notably, a Big Pharma company plummeting in the stock market over a parody and really dumb investors. The billionaire-owned Washington Post, who thinks it's wrong for a billionaire to own a media company, took the opportunity to work with a Democrat Senator Ed Markey over it. Markey, being one of the lead Democrat senators who criticizes Big Tech companies for allowing a flow of opinions and viewpoints he doesn't like that he labels "misinformation."
A @washingtonpost reporter collaborated with a sitting US Senator to trick @elonmusk with a hoax. Now the Senator is threatening Musk with action from Congress based on this hoax.
Media & elected government officials are working together to prompt investigations into Elon Musk. pic.twitter.com/Fyk7wztjCQ
— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) November 14, 2022
First, we have the Washington Post working WITH the Democrat Senator to sign up for a verified Twitter account pretending to be the Senator.
Then, Senator Markey uses the incident as an excuse to threaten Musk with an investigation.
Due to Twitter’s lax verification practices and apparent need for cash, anyone could pay $8.00 and impersonate someone on your platform. Selling the truth is dangerous and unacceptable. Twitter must explain how this happened and how it will prevent it from happening again.
Elon Musk responded by... being Elon Musk. "Perhaps it is because your real account sounds like a parody? And why does your [profile picture] have a mask!?"
And why does your pp have a mask!?
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 13, 2022
Elon wins the Twitter beef... for now. Though I don't think we make it to the spring without Musk being dragged before a Senate committee. Another round of Senators performing in front of Big Tech CEOs sounds tiresome. In this case, I think Elon would make things entertaining.
And at this point in the Twitter debacle, it's all about our entertainment.
LwC is on Substack now! Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.. but algorithms hide our ranting and raving as best they can. The best way to stick it to Big Tech? Subscribe to For the Content!
- Elon Musk discovers what happens when you appease leftist activists, tweets anger over Twitter's revenue drop ›
- After Elon Musk made this request to managers, it looks like massive Twitter layoffs WILL be happening ›
- 'Let the good times roll': Elon Musk rules Twitter and the sanctimonious leftist tweets about it are glorious ›
- Get the popcorn: Elon Musk makes a MAJOR midterm endorsement that leftists are gonna go berserk over ›
- Elon Musk Responds to Crowder Poll Pitting Him Against AOC, Then This Happened ›
- Elon Musk responds with hilarious Chinese proverb when China State Media threatens him over free speech support ›
- Newly revealed texts show Elon Musk only needed seven words to tell Parag Agrawal who his new daddy was ›
- Elon Musk visits Twitter HQ (Show Notes) ›
- Mark Ruffalo tries playing superhero for AOC, but Elon Musk is the one who goes Hulk Smash ›
- Progressive "Karen" lashes out at Elon Musk calling Elizabeth Warren "Karen," but there's a hilarious twist ›