'A Threat to the Free World': Blue Checkmark Liberals Don't Disappoint With Their Elon Musk/Twitter Meltdowns
When news broke that Elon Musk bought Twitter and the memes started, we knew the blue checkmark meltdowns were soon to follow. Progressive Dinkus Twitter is awake. They've seen the news. They've cried. They've locked themselves in their safe spaces to collect their thoughts. They look outside and see the sky is actually falling (in their brains). Finally, they opened up the bird app to express how it's the end of the world as they know it. But, no, they don't feel fine.
The reactions can be broken into three categories.
The left today:
1) If Musk buys Twitter, I'm leaving!
2) Free speech can only survive with more censorship
3) Please daddy government block this sale and save us
— Physics Geek (@physicsgeek) April 14, 2022
The first is from people who claimed they were moving to Canada if Donald Trump won, even though they still never moved to Canada after George W. Bush won. The other two, that's the money muscle. These are my three favorites so far:
A New York Times bestselling author, with a book called the quote "Patriarchy Blues," says allowing Elon Musk to purchase Twitter would literally be a massive blow to democracy and social movements literally.
If Elon Musk buys Twitter it would be a massive blow to democracy and social movements globally. https://t.co/oRc9fDIiA7
— Frederick "Pre-order Patriarchy Blues" Joseph (@FredTJoseph) April 14, 2022
A douche from Salon believes things are even direr. Elon Musk being allowed to purchase Twitter is a threat to the free world. Not just America or the feelings of butt hurt progressives who might no longer be allowed to de-platform opinions with which they disagree but the entire free world!
To the trolls:
I decided directing my tweet solely to Twitter's CEO was an oversimplification, so I deleted it.
I stand by the underlying sentiment: Elon Musk's attempted takeover of Twitter is a threat to the free world.
I care about freedom — and, also, factual precision. pic.twitter.com/RnriZ7D4pj
— Matthew Rozsa (@MatthewRozsa) April 14, 2022
Then you have Max Boot, which needs to be read verbatim: "I am frightened by the impact on society and politics if Elon Musk acquires Twitter. He seems to believe that on social media anything goes. For democracy to survive, we need more content moderation, not less."
I am frightened by the impact on society and politics if Elon Musk acquires Twitter. He seems to believe that on social media anything goes. For democracy to survive, we need more content moderation, not less.
— Max Boot 🇺🇦 (@MaxBoot) April 14, 2022
For. Democracy. To. Survive.
"Everything I like is how Democracy survives. Everything I don't is how it doesn't." - The Big Book of Childlike Reasoning.https://t.co/83BoCUHdQC pic.twitter.com/RIc68sD0en
— Caleb Howe (@CalebHowe) April 14, 2022
Also for Democracy to survive, every day needs to be Taco Tuesday and the Buffalo Bills need to win the Super Bowl.
Dudes, it's not even noon yet. I may need to start drinking early.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now! Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
SURPRISE! Twitter's Next CEO is Also a Bad Person! | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- Elon Musk Becomes Majority Shareholder of TWITTER - Louder ... ›
- Elon Musk Comes to the Aid of Ukraine, Activates Starlink - Louder ... ›
- Elon Musk Says He's Creating a New City in Texas - Louder With ... ›
- The 'Real Elon Musk' Calls In for an Interview! - Louder With Crowder ›
- Twitter Manager Has Meltdown Over New Board Member Elon Musk ... ›
- Elon Musk Hints at Plans to Remove 'W' From 'Twitter' - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Decides NOT to Join Twitter's Board of Directors - Louder ... ›
- Elon Musk Hints He Rejected Twitter Board of Directors - Louder ... ›
- Ron DeSantis Sides with Elon Musk in Twitter Beef - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Announces Two Changes He Plans to Bring to Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk and Twitter Could Announce Deal Monday - Louder With Crowder ›
- Liberals Get 'Leaving Twitter' Trending On Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›