DEBUNKED: Why 'Hate Speech' Doesn't Exist!
Hate speech. It's a buzz phrase you've likely had lobbed at you whenever you've said something a liberal finds displeasing. He/she/ze will also label you a hater. Your crime? Doesn't matter. You said something offensive, how dare you. But doesn't the First Amendment protect all speech you ask? Of course. That's the problem leftists have with the First Amendment...
Do not allow anyone to separate "hate speech" from "free speech." It's a trap.
Here's what our Founding Fathers had to say about speech which some might find bothersome:
“Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom; and no such thing as public liberty, without freedom of speech.” - Silence Dogood aka Benjamin Franklin, U.S. Founding Father
“If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed.” - Benjamin Franklin, U.S. Founding Father
“But none of the means of information are more sacred, or have been cherished with more tenderness and care by the settlers of America, than the press.” - John Adams, second U.S. President
“If men are to be precluded from offering their sentiments on a matter, which may involve the most serious and alarming consequences that can invite the consideration of mankind, reason is of no use to us; the freedom of speech may be taken away, and dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to the slaughter.” - George Washington, first U.S. President
But wait, we have even more sources proving "hate speech" is a tool of the left...
- Great American Thinkers
- Cultural Marxism and Our Current Culture Wars
- To Reclaim a Legacy of Diversity
- European countries with hate speech laws
- Origins of Political Correctness
- On Cultural Marxism/Political Correctness and Critical Theory
- Canada Prison for Anti Transgender Speech
- Canada Will Jail you for 'Transphobia'
- Canada Hate Speech Laws
- “Civil Rights Movement” on Hate Speech Laws in UK
- R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul (1992)
- Office Depot Refuses to Print Pro-Life Poster Citing “Hate Speech”
- UofM “Inclusive Language” Campaign - Unacceptable Words List
- Lena Dunham Ironically Swears Off Twitter Until It’s a “Safe Space” That Protects Freedom of Speech
- On Obama and Hate Crime Laws (Goal being Hate Speech Laws)
- New Hate Speech Attack Targets the Internet
- First used to denote differences between American Socialists and Communists. It was a pejorative to denote the communists who stuck to the party line despite evidence to the contrary.
- In the 1970s the “New Left” used Political Correctness sardonically to refer to their efforts at being "open."