Here We Go Again: Native Leaders Call Braves’ Traditions “Dehumanizing” and “Racist”
In today's episode of "Find Something Harmless and Destroy It," Native American groups have come together to whine about the "tomahawk chop", a gesture performed by Braves fans in support of the team since 1991. They say it's "dehumanizing", "racist", and a "caricature" that plays into negative stereotypes of Native Americans.
I wonder if the Braves began their games with scalping an opposing player if the Native American community would be more comfortable with it. They would probably have trouble finding volunteers, but maybe they could add kidnapping the player before they do it.
Seriously, though. They are upset about their culture being made into a caricature? What about the Dallas Cowboys? The Notre Dame Fighting Irish? Should Texans and Irish people start raising hell about these? Well, no. You see, these claims only work for people of color… Racism only works one way.
You can have Elizabeth Warren claim status as a Native American for decades to further her career, and after just a harshly worded letter, everyone just seems to forget about it. But God forbid Native Americans are celebrated in the world of sports. We can't have thousands of fans rallying behind a team that's adopted elements of Native American culture. This crap is getting old.
For now, the Braves are sticking to their guns:
"[…] Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred defended the Braves' name and symbol saying the Native American community in the Atlanta region is 'wholly supportive of the Braves program, including the chop. For me, that's the end of the story.'"
But we all know how this will turn out in the end. They'll end up folding like a cheap suit, just like the Washington Redskins. If they manage to fight the woke hordes off—and I hope they do—maybe they'll have laid down a model for other teams to follow.
I wonder what will happen after all sports teams are nothing but animals and mascots based on white culture. Mark my words, if this happens, the sports teams will be called racist for not having any teams representing POCs. It'll happen. Just you wait.
Get your content free from Big Tech's filter. Bookmark this website and sign up for our newsletter!
Crowder On RUMBLE! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
- Mission Statement: THIS Is Why We #FightLikeHell - Louder With ... ›
- Hollywood Shill Dave Bautista Gets Lesson In BIG GOVERNMENT ... ›
- If FL Businesses Ask for Vaccine Status, They Will Be Fined - Louder ... ›
- The New Superman Is ... BISEXUAL? Special Guest Dean Cain ... ›
- Steven Crowder Talks with Megyn Kelly About Mask Mandates ... ›
- 'F*** Joe Biden': College football fans express displeasure with ... ›
- Brian Kemp Rubs Braves Win in Stacey Abrams Smug Face ... ›
- Travis Tritt Sings National Anthem, Thanks Atlanta Braves - Louder ... ›
- Wokeness Consumes Notre Dame During Reconstruction - Louder With Crowder ›