Washington Football Team Goes More Woke with Drastic Change to Its Cheerleaders
If you only started watching football in 2020, you wouldn't know the Washington Football Team used to be the Washington Redskins. They were the Redskins for decades. Then white liberals found the name offensive. The Redskins pushed back against the "outrage" for years. But after 2020 social justice turmoil involving nothing to do with football or Native Americans, the team caved. It's now the "Washington Football Team," presumably because they were too scared or lazy to think of anything more creative.
That was 2020's pandering. It's not 2021, where they're now replacing the Washington Redsk--Football Team cheerleaders with a coed dance squad.
"With that comes inclusivity, diversity and in my mind, as an entertainer, athleticism," [seniorr adviser Petra] Pope told ESPN by phone. "My desire is to create a team that is all of that -- inclusive, diverse, coed, athletic -- to set the gold standard in the NFL. We're looking for that super athlete that can dance, perform tricks and stunts and manipulate whatever props that will create a really great show."
Maybe I burned through my weekly allotment of snark with Mr. Potato Head and Dr. Seuss. But to paraphrase James Carville, this feels like a woke corporate pandering kidney stone. It too shall pass. The thing I'm mostly stuck on is, does anyone care about or pay attention to the cheerleaders any more? I'm talking football fans. Actual fans. The 75% Clay Travis talks about, as opposed to people in sports media or culture blogs.
It's not like the heyday of the '70s and '80s where guys had Dallas Cheerleaders posters hanging on their ceilings. Now when you go to the game, the sideshow isn't the cheerleaders. It's the drinking. You tailgate up until right before the intermission. As soon as there is a break in the game, you're at the concourse throwing back overpriced tallboys of Bud Light. That includes FEMALE football fans as well. Or at least the ones I know. I may run with more of a party crowd.
So the Washington Football Team wants to spice things up a bit, showing everyone they're very diverse and much inclusive. M'kay.
Biden Calls Red-States NEANDERTHALS... Then BREAKS His Own 'Mask Rules' | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
- Harry Potter Actor Daniel Radcliffe is Upset that Tom Brady is a ... ›
- 49ers Colin Kaepernick Idiotically Protests National Anthem ... ›
- Dear Transgender Fallon Fox: No, You Don't Get To Beat Up ... ›
- O.J. Simpson Opines on Capitol Events - Louder With Crowder ›
- Ted Cruz's Hunting Photo Angers John Cleese - Louder With Crowder ›
- Obama vs. Conservatives: Sports Edition! - Louder With Crowder ›
- The Hodge Twins on the NFL's and the "Black National Anthem ... ›
- Students Accused of Rape Suspended, Lose Scholarships. Except ... ›
- Video: Candace Owens Takes on Anti-American NFL Players ... ›
- College Football Star Says He Raped Woman As Payback for '400 ... ›
- Jonathan Pie Mocks the Left's WOKE Utopia - Louder With Crowder ›
- JP Sears and the Evolutionary Development of Woke People - Louder With Crowder ›
- Sen Whitehouse Busted for Membership at All-White Beach Club - Louder With Crowder ›
- A HS Football Coach Sent This Powerful Message to His Team - Louder With Crowder ›