AOC Silent on Twitter Since Her Chief of Staff, Saikat Chakrabarti's, Departure
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is awesome at Twitter, or so we're told. Not so awesome at many other things (see AOC: Racist Trump Supporters Just Don’t Realize They’re Racist and Pro-Union AOC Challenges Barstool Sports President on Twitter. He Fires the Anti-PC Cannon…). But she can tweet like whoa! Which is why a sudden Twitter silence has us doing a confused. We're not complaining. The peace and quiet is relaxing. Just, you know. Seems odd.
AOC hasn't tweeted anything in a week. Her last tweet was posted exactly two weeks after it was announced that he… https://t.co/WAuD8jHBBR— China caused a pandemic (@China caused a pandemic)1566505659.0
Also, her Facebook is pretty active and she appeared on Colbert 3 nights ago. So, sHeS oN vAcAtIoN isn't really v… https://t.co/dHGprBLiUy— China caused a pandemic (@China caused a pandemic)1566512959.0
Excuse me for a second.
Ok, let's continue with the tweets. Saikat Chakrabarti as the real brains of the AOC operation isn't a radical idea. There's a noticeable difference between the words that come out of the congresswoman's mouth vs the words that are tweeted. Unless you honestly think Cortez knows what The Watchmen is. That's why Chakarabarti getting fired was such a big deal. Yeah, I know the story was that "he left" to work for a green new deal non-profit... Right after Cortez had a meeting with Nancy Pelosi. Could be the speaker reminded AOC who was the actual leader of the party, and who was just a young upstart with a head too big for her district, if not her body.
Yes, if a conservative "left" to work for a non-profit that focused on a balanced budget amendment, I'd call bullshit on that too.
I digress. You came here for conspiracy theories. So let's do it.
@thealexvanness Looks like we know who the brains of the operation was. Her Instagram live-streams are incredibly… https://t.co/Ov67Iu9aCD— Ian Miles Cheong (@Ian Miles Cheong)1566506009.0
Here's an industry secret. Most elected officials don't write their own tweets. Even the ones who do get by with a little help from their aides or social media consultants. Sometimes it's Trump tweeting. Sometimes it's Dan Scavino. Sometimes I'm sure it's Ivanka when the president is busy watching Fox & Friends. Zero elected officials do 100% of their social media. In my past consultant life, there were even clients I wouldn't allow password access.
But all we hear from the media is how amazingly awesome AOC is in the art of Twittering. Like, she's so like totally the best at it. She's sooooo much more authentic than the other congresspeople. She slays on Twitter, even.
So when a candidate goes quiet after said candidate's chief of staff -- who many considered to be the brains of the operation -- leaves and/or gets fired, it's noticeable. As more people talk about this, someone will get a lot more chatty on Twitter again.
Which I'm sure will be purely coincidental.
NOT SUBSCRIBED TO THE PODCAST? FIX THAT! IT’S COMPLETELY FREE ON BOTH ITUNES HERE AND SOUNDCLOUD HERE.
- AOC Says the Working Class Doesn't Need Billionaires - Louder With Crowder ›
- Hodgetwins Take Turns Mocking AOC's Lack of Intelligence - Louder With Crowder ›
- Larry the Cable Guy Expressed His Pandemic Frustration - Louder With Crowder ›
- Did AOC Just Challenge Donald Trump to a Fight? - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Refuses to Denounce Demands that White People Give Up Homes - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Suggested a New Mascot for the GOP - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Says She'll Pull Joe Biden in a "Progressive Direction." - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Blasts Mitch McConnell 'Not Honoring' RBG's Dying Wish ›
- Rep. Ocasio-Cortez says she might quit politics. - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Has Her Panties in a Bunch Over a Robot Police Dog That's Possibly Racist ›
- Twitter Suspends Steven Crowder Without Explanation, Increases Suspension Overnight Also Without Explanation ›
- SHOW NOTES: Crowder Did WHAT?!? War with Twitter Takes a Turn... - Louder With Crowder ›
- Dumbest Pandemic Restriction Yet? No Screaming on Roller Coasters - Louder With Crowder ›
- AOC Finally Comments on Border, Manages to Work 'White Supremacy' into It - Louder With Crowder ›