All that time wasted dieting, depriving ourselves of carbs and sugar, when what we all should have done is call ourselves “fat activists.” Then say it’s not our fault we’re fat, it’s your fault for shaming us over it. How dare you. HOW DARE YOU. Because this is the message The University of Minnesota’s School of Public Health – yes, of Public Health – sent to students when they held “International No Diet Day” with “fat activist” Virgie Tovar.
Yes, she lists her occupation as “fat activist.” The things chubby kids put on their resumes these days…
This story is courtesy of Emily Zanotti and Heat Street, which is becoming one of our daily must reads…
She [Virgie Tovar] even, reportedly, compared society’s anti-fat culture to so-called “rape culture,” and chastised society for its obsession with what she termed “thin privilege.”
According to Tovar, the students, who study public health (at one of the top 10 schools for public health), shouldn’t push people they deem overweight to shed pounds, even if it’s better overall for health. “Weight loss is not a realistic goal for most people,” she said, declaring that exercise and diet are “social constructs.” She implored her audience to “lose hate, not weight” and rebel against “diet culture.” (Diets are, of course, just a tool of the hetero-normative Patriarchy.)
She did not specify how “losing hate” would have the same impact on, say, your chances of dying of heart disease, but we assume she was not referring to any scientific understanding of human anatomy or disease.
She also uses the hashtag #RiotDontDiet, because screw health! It’s all part of the racist patriarchy anyway.
For those of you keeping score at home, here are the latest movements in delusion the left insists you embrace, lest you’re called a hateful bigot. Ready for it?
- Men who think they’re women are women.
- Men who think they are women are also dragons.
- Men who think they are women are also six year old girls.
- Gender is fluid, you can change whenever you feel like changing.
- Women who think they are cats are cats.
- Fat women who are fat want to be beautiful therefore fat is beautiful.
- Beauty is a societal construct and can mean whatever you want it to mean…
- Therefore beauty is healthy, fat is healthy, mental delusion is healthy.
- Except smoking, that’s not healthy, and you’re a sick sicko for smoking. How dare you.
- Also, if you’re a New Yorker, salt and Big Gulps? No. Stop it. The government will save you from yourselves. Which is totes fine if it’s a leftist mayor who lectures you about your health.
In all seriousness, we’ve gone full crazy. Also, told you so about fat people hating thin people. Contrary to what most fat activists will tell you, most people who are thin, especially adults, work hard to stay thin. They’re not just blessed with superior metabolism. It’s called “staying healthy” and it typically includes not eating whatever one darn well feels like, plus some form of exercise. It is not a privilege to be thin or fit. It’s hard work. You fatties are just using whatever excuse you can not to address the elephant in the room. It’s you. You’re the elephant. Find a mirror and look at yourself. If you can’t see all of you in the mirror, go find one that accommodates your wooly mammoth size. Run to it, preferably.
Shame yourself daily until you can get healthy. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you were healthy? Mostly we want you to stop lecturing us about your poor health and how we’re not accepting of it, then lecture yourself about not eating that donut. Next, go pick up some heavy weights. No, bags of sugar don’t count.
Speaking of fat…