Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
August 26, 2023
A "rich man" north of Richmond claps back at Oliver Anthony in new video, as Anthony blasts conservative fans
You knew the rich men north of Richmond would only take Oliver Anthony's disrespect for so long. The hit pieces in the media were not working. And after Anthony's success was mentioned in a GOP presidential debate, they had to take action with their own song.
The rich men north of Richmond have feelings too, folks. Maybe if some of you had more empathy for what they're going through, there wouldn't be so much division in this country. This song cuts deep.
LOL, of course, this is our friend Remy and what we in the content industry call a "parody." Shout out Not the Bee because it's Saturday morning and I didn't really feel like transcribing the lyrics myself.
I've been working till the break of 4:45
I get an automatic raise and I can't be fired
Must wait to age 57 till I can retire
With an inflation-adjusted pension that continuously keeps going higher.
It's a d*mn shame what the world's come to,
they want us back in the office on Mondays too.
Wish I could just wake up and it not be true,
But it is.
Remy's parody comes on the heels of Anthony "condemning" Fox News and conservative media if you believe the headlines from corporate media outlets who were condemning Anthony himself the day before.
I know that we're all expected to have the exact opposite opinion than we had before Anthony released this video. Not here and not me. Still love the music and I live in a world where reasonable people can disagree on things. If I ever had a conversation with the singer I'd be less concerned about who he voted for as much as what he thinks of the new Zach Bryan and Turnpike Troubador albums.
I would like to make three points though:
1. In my write-up of that moment from the debate, I called it a hack move by Fox News. It was such a telegraphed hack move, that I suggested a drinking game rule about it.
2. Anthony has a point. Many in conservative media are in fact aggravating. Fairplay on that. However, it's worth pointing out we are not the ones actively trying to delegitimize his success or call him racist.
3. Every election, the country is broken down to 40% on the Right, 40% leftists, and 20% in the middle who go either way depending on the mood every four years. They are the apolitical, a pox on both their houses segment of the country that found such an emotional connection with Anthony he's got the #1 song in America. I don't apologize for "politicizing" that by asking what my side is doing to appeal to that 20% when I don't always feel we have much of a plan.
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.
From Your Site Articles
- Swimmer Who Tied Lia Thomas Embarrassed, Told by Officials: 'We Just Want Lia to hold the Trophy' ›
- Watch: Mother blasts school decision to punish her 11-year-old over 'obscene' pig drawing and you be the judge ›
- Watch: Nike hires influencer not born with breasts to model women's sports bras ›
- Social service kiosks?: NYC announces new plan to "combat" shoplifting that's beyond parody ›
- Rainn Wilson attempts feeble dunk on "Rich Men North of Richmond," gets annihilated with one tweet from a veteran ›