Biden, Democrats Limit Which Americans Allowed $1,400 Checks in Stimulus Bill: Report
The Democrats-only passed House stimulus bill is supposed to provide relief to those suffering due to the pandemic. Critics who have actually read the bill claim it DOESN'T do what it's advertised to do. They point to how little of the "relief" bill provides actual relief. One area where it's supposed to provide relief is with the $1,400 checks sent to American taxpayers. Yes, from tax money that has theoretically been collected from them. You could call it a tax refund, kinda. But if Biden and Senate Democrats have their way, it may not be all Americans.
One of the criticisms is sending stimulus checks to people who don't actually need them. This way, the government's not spending tax dollars on people who haven't been that adversely affected by various government lockdowns. Biden and Senate Democrats have reached an agreement, according to NBC News, further limiting who gets checks.
- Single Americans who make up to $75,000 will still get the full amount, but instead of zeroing out at $100,000, it's zeroing out at $80,000.
- For couples, joint incomes up to $150,000, but instead of zeroing out at $200,000, it's $160,000.
Here's the thing: I don't have a problem with this. IF the stimulus bill is supposed to help people who need it, money shouldn't go to people who don't. The rub is how Democrats are going to use this and claim they're being "fiscally" responsible and "finding common ground." Ignoring the trillion or so dollars that STILL do nothing to provide relief.
Last week, critics pointed to what some call the "government employee bailout (aka Biden Bucks)." Everyone else gets a one-time $1,400 check. This provision would give some government employees $1,400 a WEEK if they have kids whose schools are only remote. Ironically enough, many of the government employees work in districts where teachers' unions are allegedly preventing schools from going back to in-person learning. Again, allegedly. A more cynical mind MIGHT see a correlation.
This one Biden/Senate Democrats deal isn't terrible. But there is more to cut. Don't give them the distraction they're looking for by applauding this move. Because a distraction is all this is. The stimulus bill still sucks.
Dr. Seuss BANNING Bonanza! New Progressive Book Titles Revealed! | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Joe Biden Forgot the Name of the Coronavirus - Louder With Crowder ›
- Someone Animated Joe Biden's Bizarre "Hairy Legs" Speech and ... ›
- Top 10 Times Joe Biden was a Creep in Public - Louder With Crowder ›
- College Students Shocked to Hear Joe Biden's Comments on ... ›
- Joe Biden's Top 10 Creepiest Moments - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden's School Opening Guideline Leaves More Questions ... ›
- Joe Biden on "To Catch a Predator" (Parody) - Louder With Crowder ›
- Excerpts: Donald Trump Plans to Hammer Joe Biden, Issue ... ›
- Joe Biden Hopes America's Back to Normal Next Year - Louder With ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Slams Stimulus Bill for What It Is: 'Bribing People with Their Own Money' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden, Kamala Harris Announce American Tour to Sell You on Their Stimulus Bill - Louder With Crowder ›