HS Football Star Goes Viral Blasting CA Governor on Lockdowns: 'You Cost Me Opportunities ...'
While California Governor Gavin Newsom was breaking his own lockdown at a fancy restaurant, Isaiah Navarro was not playing high school football. Newsom wouldn't allow it. Experts say it's safe for schools to open. Newsom (and I'm sure the California teachers' unions) say, "Meh." HS sports may seem trivial to you, but it's not for athletes like Navarro. For the 2019 defensive player of the year, 2020 was supposed to be a huge year for him. Getting looked at by scouts. Scholarship offers. Opportunities that, like most top athletes, Navarro worked for most of his life. Yet it's all gone. Because of, as Isaiah feels, the whim of one governor. This is the tweet that caused him to go viral.
Zero offers, zero looks, zero commitments, zero time on campus, zero homecoming, zero prom, zero traditional graduation. What a wasted final year of school. Worked hard and dedicated for absolutely ZERO. Big shout out to @GavinNewsom! You got what you wanted.
— Isaiah J. Navarro (@IsaiahJNavarro1) February 3, 2021
Isaiah spoke about it further on Fox & Friends.
High school football star @IsaiahJNavarro1 calls out California's governor for keeping student athletes off the field. He tells #FoxFriendsFirst why he blames Newsom for ruining his shot at a scholarship.https://t.co/QWj1S8KT4M
— Fox & Friends First (@FoxFriendsFirst) February 5, 2021
I know what the fact-checkers are going to say: "Boring, boring, boring ... CDC guidelines." A charitable mind would say Newsom was doing the best that he could. A cynical mind thinks he's being a tyrant. You can guess which one I am, but I'm not a California resident. They're fighting to have him recalled, so you're free to guess which one they are as well.
Isaiah Navarro's story is similar to many students across the country. We need to be sharing those stories more. Americans need to hear more about how unnecessary lockdowns have taken from people. Because, and this is the cynical mind again, the fact that elected officials were allowed to do this means they will most likely try again. Personal stories like from Isaiah Navarro are why we can never let them.
What is ACTUALLY Inside COVID Relief Bill? | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Rep. Tom McClintock (CA) Unloads on COVID Shutdown, Newsom ... ›
- ladies, you can now wear andrew cuomo and gavin newsom on ... ›
- Gavin Newsom Demands You Not See Family on July 4th - Louder ... ›
- NRA Features Transwoman in California Ad. Lt. Governor Flips ... ›
- Rob Schneider Unloads on Gavin Newsom Over Thanksgiving ... ›
- This California Gym Owner's has a Message for Gavin Newsom ... ›
- Adam Carolla Supports Gavin Newsom Recall, Challenges ... ›
- California Church Defies Gavin Newsom, Will Assemble Anyway ... ›
- Song Parody Mocks Gavin Newsom's Alleged Lockdown Hypocrisy ... ›
- Police Shut Down Mass Over 60 People Breaking Lockdown: 'Are We Back in the Penal Times?' - Louder With Crowder ›
- A HS Football Coach Sent This Powerful Message to His Team - Louder With Crowder ›
- Criminals Walk Out of CA Store with Stolen Merchandise - Louder With Crowder ›