China Strikes Again, This Time Censoring the 'Friends' Reunion
Know that if you are among those overly excited for the Friends reunion, I am judging you. More so than I've ever judged the woke zoomers whining how "problematic" the show is when they accidentally see a rerun. But we're not here to talk about the actors reuniting. Or, how Matthew Perry "allegedly' irished up his coffee from Central Perk. Because while the more basic among you were organizing watch parties, the Communist Chinese Government was taking a break from Chinese water torturing poor John Cena long enough to censor what was allowed on Chinese television.
Knowing the widespread interest in the sitcom's reunion special that dropped Thursday, Communist China stepped in to censor and cut the episode before its citizens could view it. Among the cuts were appearances by K-pop supergroup BTS, Justin Bieber, and Lady Gaga, and any cameos from LGBTQ Friends fans.
Here's a little about the -- *sigh* -- popular TV reunion.
Friends Reunion: Why the Cast Says They'll NEVER Reunite Again youtu.be
As discussed on a much more entertaining show this week, the entertainment industry bending over and spreading cheeks for the CCP is the cost of doing business. One that they are more than happy to pay. Think about it. Everything China censored had to do with dissenting political opinions and LGBTQ stuff. If you so much as make a mild LGBTQ joke in this country you are forbidden from working in show business until you beg for forgiveness and cut someone a huge check. Yet China demands censoring and Hollywood asks "how gay?" Though they are on the same page with the communist Chinese when it comes to dissenting political opinions.
Hollywood fellating China and grabbing the money off of the nightstand is nothing new and nothing surprising. Though it's worth remember every time a celebrity wants to lecture anyone in this country about freedom.
Though all the commie censoring in Bejing can hide a simple truth: Friends was never that good. I'm not denying the occasional chuckle when it was on. But being this obsessed with it seventeen years later is pathetic and sad. The only two things I remember were Jennifer Aniston's nekkid cover of Rolling Stone, and Joey claiming the story of Hannukah was Superman flying the Jews to safety.
Looking for a fashionable way to support Louder with Crowder? Get your swag at Crowdershop today!
- Norm Macdonald Wrote a Song About the Chinese Eating Bats ... ›
- NEW George Floyd Riots: What the Media ISN'T Telling You ... ›
- WATCH: South Parks Stands Up to the Communist Chinese ... ›
- Psaki Called Out on WH Hypocrisy: If POTUS Wants All-Star Game ... ›
- WATCH: People of Hong Kong Plead for Trump's Help Against China ›
- COWARDS: 'Woke' NBA's China Hypocrisy! | Louder with Crowder ... ›
- John Cena Caves to China, Apologizes for Calling Taiwan a 'Country' ›
- JP Sears Delivers Apology John Cena MEANT to Give ›
- Post John Cena apology, 'F9' Tanks in Movie Theaters - Louder With Crowder ›
- Norm Macdonald Wrote a Song About 'Wuhan' and 'Bats' That's Hilarious - Louder With Crowder ›