Amid Twitter deal fiasco, Elon Musk sells billions in Tesla stock, teases starting new social media platform
As the battle between Twitter and Elon Musk continues to drag out, Elon Musk is busy preparing contingency plans. You don't become the richest man in the US without being able to plan for worst-case scenarios.
According to FEC filings shared by one user on Twitter, Musk recently sold off $6.9B worth of Tesla stocks. He admitted in a reply to the tweeted documents that he was preparing for the "(hopefully unlikely) event that Twitter forces [the] deal to close *and* some equity partners don't come through." The sale of the stocks now meant Musk wouldn't have to perform an emergency sale of stocks if it were to occur.
Another Twitterite entered the chat and asked what some of us have been asking for a while now. "Have you thought about creating your own social media platform? If the Twitter deal doesn't come through." Elon's answer was his usual idiosyncratic mix of cryptic and comical.
X.com, eh? Don't bother typing that domain into your browser. It doesn't lead anywhere. I already tried, hoping Musk had already purchased the domain and maybe just put an emoji on the page or something. It sounds like something he would do. He didn't, though, and I'm a little disappointed in him for missing such a great opportunity.
However, I'm now tempted to purchase the domain myself. That way, in the event Musk actually wants to make his own platform and actually wants to use X.com, I could make a few bucks by selling it to him. It's a brilliant plan.
Is he serious, though? I have my doubts.
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
The Louder with Crowder Dot Com Website is on Instagram now!Follow us at @lwcnewswire and tell a friend!
Netflix Went WOKE! Now They're Going Broke! Elon Musk Calls Them Out! | Louder With Crowderwww.youtube.com
- Elon Musk Issues Challenge to AOC on Twitter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk Finds Many of Biden's Twitter Followers Are Fake ... ›
- Elon Musk Blasts Twitter's 'Obvious' Left-Wing Bias - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Gets Results and for 'Libs of Tiktok' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Elon Musk's Mother Upstages on the Red Carpet - Louder With ... ›
- Twitter Manager Has Meltdown Over New Board Member Elon Musk ... ›
- Elon Musk Asks Question Making a Joke at TED Talk - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk challenges Parag Agrawal to debate - Louder With ... ›
- Elon Musk Sends Message Implying He's 'Moving On' - Louder With ... ›
- Geico Commercial Rebooted for Elon Musk Buying Twitter - Louder ... ›
- Tesla sends message to owners about conserving electricity - Louder With Crowder ›