Donald Trump is Finally Getting the US Out of the Paris Climate Accord
Consider this a promise fulfilled. Today, President Donald Trump commenced the yearlong process of getting the United States out of the crap Paris Climate Accord. You may be asking "Wait, didn't we already get the eff out of that dumpster fire of a deal?" Fair question, but no. As I understand it based on this whiny writeup from The Hill, getting out of the accord isn't as simple as Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy.
From aforementioned whiny The Hill:
The official announcement cements a promise Trump made in the White House Rose Garden in 2017 when he first announced his intention to withdraw from the global climate change agreement signed by every other country in the world.
"...signed by every other country in the world." Yeah, so what? We're America and we don't just go along with what every other country in the world is doing. We're the land of the free, home of the brave for a reason. A reason which has jack squat to do with what the other countries are doing about it. Let Sweden sign it with their flat-packed furniture. Let the United Kingdom have it with their bad dental plans. Germany can keep the Paris Climate Accord along with their memory of invading Paris. The French can hold it dear as they remember how quickly they gave up Paris to the Germans then thanked the Americans for freeing it from the Germans.
Oh snap, was I getting a little too braggy with my American pride? Oh well.
The agreement allowed the U.S. to begin the process to withdraw on Monday and finalize the U.S. exit from the agreement on Nov. 4, 2020 — just one day after the presidential election.
The process will kick off just weeks ahead of a United Nations summit in Spain, where leaders will hammer out final details for complying with the agreement.
I guess that means "every other nation" will hammer out the details. Meanwhile in America:
The statement the USA was flipping both middle fingers to the crap Paris Climate Accord came from Mike Pompeo, who basically said America does a pretty good job of keeping its air clean. So why should we pay for the dirty environmental sins of countries lesser than us? I'm paraphrasing. Here's the actual statement:
"President Trump made the decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement because of the unfair economic burden imposed on American workers, businesses, and taxpayers by U.S. pledges made under the Agreement," Pompeo said. "The United States has reduced all types of emissions, even as we grow our economy and ensure our citizens’ access to affordable energy."
"The U.S. approach incorporates the reality of the global energy mix," he added, arguing "innovation and open markets" will drive emissions reductions.
Yeah, that's why the United States' involvement in the Paris Climate Accord was a raw deal. America, love it or hate it, is far from the dirtiest country out there. If you're really concerned for the climate, say hello to China and India, don't be blaming the United States.
Donald Trump promised he'd take us out of this crap, and now we're finally pulling out. As I understand it, the accord needs to be solidly broken up with. Kind of like Brexit. I guess you can't just throw a drink in its face. You can't just key its car. You can't just ghost it or sing a song about it in which you promise to never, ever, ever get back together.
Whatever it takes, let's vamanos, muchachos.
- Eric Swalwell Files Lawsuit Against Donald Trump for the Absolute Dumbest Reason Yet - Louder With Crowder ›
- French Teacher Beheaded for Allegedly Showing Mohammed Cartoon, Turns Out His Accuser Lied - Louder With Crowder ›
- Donald Trump Unloads on Joe Biden's Border Crisis, Claims It Will 'Destroy Our Country' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Donald Trump Wax Statue Removed, Losers Kept Punching It - Louder With Crowder ›
- Trump Returning to Social Media, Launching His Own Platform - Louder With Crowder ›
- Pikachu Army Protests Japanese Coal at the G7 - Louder With Crowder ›
- WATCH: Climate Zealots Block Morning Commute, Commuters Strike Back - Louder With Crowder ›
- UN Ambassador: We Sent Taliban a 'Strongly Worded' Letter - Louder With Crowder ›
- Germany Returning to Totalitarian Era - Louder With Crowder ›
- Watch: Progressive protestors block morning commute for usual silly reasons, but the commuters strike back - Louder With Crowder ›