Each day we overwhelm your brains with the content you've come to love from the Louder with Crowder Dot Com website.
But Facebook is...you know, Facebook. Their algorithm hides our ranting and raving as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface?
Sign up for the LWC News Blast! Get your favorite right-wing commentary delivered directly to your inbox!
July 20, 2023
Bud Light manages to find MORE bad news now that the bars and restaurants numbers are in
There has to be a point where Bud Light stops getting hit with bad news. We are going on four months since they made the worst marketing decision in the history of marketing. But the hits keep coming. Anhesuer-Busch's water that identifies as beer is no longer the most popular beer being served in bars and restaurants.
It isn't even in the top three.
Down from #1 to #4
Newsweek is reporting that Bud Light was the #1 beer sold in bars and restaurants in the first quarter of 2023. Then the company signed a guy who presents as a girl that doesn't know what the Final Four is as a spokesman for their Final Four coverage, as opposed to any of the thousands of girls who enjoy college basketball.
Now they are #4 behind Miller Lite, Michelob Ulta, and Coors Light. The biggest drop-offs were in Texas and both South and NORTH CAR-O-LI-NA. The smallest drop-off was in California.
Michel Doukeris, Anheuser-Busch's global CEO, says the decline in Bud Light sales represented about 1% of the company's global sales volume. That tells you all you need to know about how little they give a sh*t about Middle America.
I live in a cave. Why the Bud Light controversy?
Here are the LWC Bud Light Keys to DERPtory:
- As part of Bud Light's NCAA tournament coverage, and to appeal to people who don't like either for some reason, someone at Bud Light decided to work with titface performer Dylan Mulvaney.
- Melissa Weinerchild, the (now former) VP of Marketing responsible, made it clear on a podcast how much she hated Bud Light's loyal fanbase, lashing out at them as fratty and out of touch.
- Fans from across the spectrum (NOT just the extreme right, we're not that organized) decided this was one woke pander from a company that hates them too many, and now Bud Light is no longer the #1 sold beer in America and fell out of the Top 10 for most popular.
The drop-off in bars and restaurants is a huge deal. I've always been a Drink Local guy, long before it became a conservative talking point. When I can't think about what I want or what I have a taste for, the first thing I look at is what haven't I tried before. People who aren't that into beer, when they can't think of something will say "Give me a Bud Light." And that's before we get to the (now former) loyal Bud Light drinkers.
Now customers are going for every other "I can't think of something" beer before they get to Anheusuer-Busch's water that identifies as beer. You just hate to see it happen.
(NARRATOR: No you don't)
Brodigan is Grand Poobah of this here website and when he isn't writing words about things enjoys day drinking, pro-wrestling, and country music. You can find him on the Twitter too.
Facebook doesn't want you reading this post or any others lately. Their algorithm hides our stories and shenanigans as best it can. The best way to stick it to Zuckerface? Sign up for our DAILY EMAIL BLASTS! They can't stop us from delivering our content straight to your inbox. Yet.
From Your Site Articles
- As FL Investigates Bar Exposing Children to Lewd Dance, DeSantis Spox Exposes Media to What They're Defending ›
- Man Wearing Fake Boobs Bounces Around Family Restaurant While Little Kids Give Him Money ›
- "Yellowstone" creator reveals HBO dumped all over the show, insultingly claimed it was too "Middle America" for them ›
- Garth Brooks appears to side with Bud Light: "If you’re an a**hole, there are plenty of other places" ›
- "Just shut up": SNL alumni torches Garth Brooks for involving himself in the Bud Light fiasco ›
- Watch: Wesley Hunt warns not to California his Texas - Louder With Crowder ›