New Leftist Cause? Researchers Suggest New Taxes on Remote Workers
Working from home has been a dream scenario, even before tyrannical government lockdowns made it the en vogue thing. My only complaint is remembering to buy my own coffee. That was until I read there are people who want to tax me for the "privilege" of working from home. This is just one research team's idea. But considering the amount of bad ideas people are no longer afraid to say out loud since Election Day, I'm not taking the risk (see ORWELLIAN: TICKETMASTER WANTS 'PROOF OF VACCINATION' BEFORE SELLING YOU CONCERT TICKETS and BIDEN'S COVID ADVISOR THINKS A 4 TO 6 WEEK NATIONAL LOCKDOWN IS AN AWESOME IDEA).
The proposal from Deutsche Bank Research — a German company spouting socialist nonsense, draw your own conclusions — claims that to make up for the revenue lost by people being forced to work from home via COVID shutdowns, those of us who choose to work from home should pay for it.
The team propose a 5% levy for those who work from home on a regular basis and not because of a government lockdown mandate. The proposed levy would be paid by the employer if they don't provide their employee with a desk, whereas if the worker decides to stay home based on their own needs, they would be taxed for each day they work remotely.
"Those who are lucky enough to be in a position to 'disconnect' themselves from the face-to-face economy owe it to [the less fortunate]."
Of course it wouldn't be a progressive tax if it didn't arbitrarily decide who does and doesn't get screwed by their government. People who were asked to work from home would be fine. Only the already struggling businesses who asked them to work from home would get taxed. Those of us who choose to work from home also get taxed, I guess just for the sh*ts and giggles of doing so.
And I'm sorry. The "face-to-face" economy? We're just going to throw words in front of "economy" and claim it's a thing? When I worked in an office, I never supported the "face to face" economy. I always brought my lunch to work to support the not wasting money going out to eat economy. You could argue I supported the fuel economy with the extra driving, but as a remote worker I currently supplement that while also supporting the gym economy as I drive to and from the gym in the middle of the afternoon just because I can. I also am a staunch supporter the "I don't want to deal with people" economy with all the internet shopping I do, which also supports the "any delivery service other than the post office" economy.
Long story short, you can take this proposal and support the suck it economy.
Biden's New "Covid Czar": What We Know So Far... | Louder With Crowder youtu.be
Not subscribed to the podcast? Fix that! It's completely free.
- Bernie Sanders Admits Tax Cuts are a Good Thing. The World Might ... ›
- Tax Reform Rolls Out MASSIVE Benefits for "Low Level" Workers ... ›
- Seattle to Pull Stupid 'Head Tax' After Starbucks, Amazon Throw Down ›
- Arizona Governor Pulls Nike Tax Break Over Recalling America Flag ... ›
- Andrew Cuomo is Suing to Block You from Getting a Tax Cut ... ›
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Discusses 20,000 New Jobs Created By Tax ... ›
- BRILLIANT: Video Destroys the Tax Plan Supported by Leftists like ... ›
- Costco Puts INSANE Seattle Soda Tax on Blast - Louder With Crowder ›
- WATCH: Andrew Yang Wants to Tax Cow Farts to Control Your Diet ... ›
- Bernie Sanders Wants To Tax Americans At 90%. His Reasoning Is ... ›