New York Doctor Calls COVID-19 a Disaster... and Wants America to REOPEN
Dr Daniel G. Murphy is an ER doctor at St. Barnabas Hospital, in AOC's home borough of The Bronx. He wrote an OpEd for the New York Post detailing how he's been in the ER every single day for the past few weeks. He even contracted the WuhuFlu. Yet despite COVID-19 being a disaster, he still thinks the country needs to open up. This is a real doctor. Seeing real patients. Who really have the Kung Flu. Okay? Okay. Let's get to it:
COVID-19 has been the worst health care disaster of my 30-year career, because of its intensity, duration and potential for lasting impact. The lasting impact is what worries me the most. And it's why I now believe we should end the lockdown and rapidly get back to work.
His reasons are four fold. For his full explanation, I must direct you to the New York Post OpEd. But for brevity, numbered points:
- The wave of patients "crested" on April 7th. Today is the 28th. So the peak in New York according to this doctor was three weeks ago.
- Non-coronavirus care is not being met, the ER has been quiet, going from 240 patients a day to fewer than 100 a day. "That means our patients in this diverse, low-income community are afraid to come to the ER for non-COVID care."
- Media has overhyped the seriousness of WuhuFlu. While COVID-19 is serious, fear of it is being over-amplified. "The public needs to understand that the vast majority of infected people do quite well."
His findings and opinion are similar to that of Doctors Erickson and Missihi out of Kern County, California. COVID is not nearly as fatal as the pandemic pornographers hoped. It's not even close to as bad. It may be less deadly than the seasonal flu. I know that's not okay to admit to the COVID cultists, but too bad. Tell me I hate old people and I'll show you spiking unemployment.
Here is the doctors's full final point on why we should open now, which I didn't want to numbered point:
Finally, COVID-19 is more prevalent than we think. Many New Yorkers already have the COVID-19 infection, whether they are aware of it or not. As of today, over 43 percent of those tested are positive in The Bronx. We are developing a significant degree of natural herd immunity. Distancing works, but I am skeptical that it is playing as predominant a role as many think.
So open the hell back up.
Standing up to this virus can't be the job of essential workers only. We've been strong, but we're tired, and we need the rest of you to help us. By getting back to work.
I'll say it as many times as I need to, and now doctors who actually know are saying it too: we cannot suspend our lives, our jobs, our freedoms for this virus. We never should have, but we really can't continue on like this now that we have real data about what this virus is, what it does, and its affects on our population. Most people who get this virus, as in almost ALL people, will be FINE. Just as they are with the flu.
And yes, the flu kills people every year. Every. Year. But we don't do THIS every year. So let's get back to our lives and live them. Personal note, if I hear one more lecture about "be safe" I will blow a gasket.
REBUTTAL: Trevor Noah's Lockdown Protest Lies! | Louder with Crowder youtu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- Dr. Birx Explains How COVID-19 Deaths are Counted: 'A Liberal ... ›
- 600 Doctors Write Letter to Trump Urging the Shutdown's End - Louder With Crowder ›
- OPED: The Shutdown Was a Disastrous, Colossal Mistake. End It. Now! - Louder With Crowder ›
- This Chart Shows When the Second COVID Outbreak Started. - Louder With Crowder ›
- A New Poll Asks About Celebrities and the COVID Vaccine - Louder With Crowder ›