Democrat Congressman Says Quiet Part Out Loud: 'I Don't Want Small Businesses ... '
It's amazing that in 2020, elected officials can still surprise you by saying the quiet part out loud. Either that, or leftist politicians know there are no consequences. Whatever the reason, this clip from Democrat Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) is something. He was discussing the minimum wage hike on CNN. Yes, the same minimum wage hike they're trying to sneak into the stimulus bill. Also, the same minimum wage hike anyone who knows how to math will tell you kills jobs. Allegedly.
Khanna was asked about the small "mom and pop" business that might not be able to afford the hike, unlike giant corporations. Rep. Khanna's response: "Meh."
Dem Rep: “we don't want" the small businesses that would be forced under by a federal wage mandatehttps://t.co/uzKBVocjXGpic.twitter.com/59Mgv3ETaj
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) February 21, 2021
We don't want low-wage businesses. Most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage...I love small businesses. I'm all for it but I don't want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It's fair for people to make what they're producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.
Also, small businesses should be paying people $23 an hour. According to "studies."
Rep. Khanna doesn't want small businesses that are, in his words, "underpaying employees." That must mean he doesn't want delis. Restaurants. Hardware stores. Florists. Small boutiques. Basically, walk up and down any Main Street in America. A congressman from San Francisco wants at least 75% percent of those stores shut down. Maybe to make room for the corporation that can afford the minimum wage hike. Allegedly.
Leftists like to say elected officials who aren't scientists shouldn't talk about sciencey things. Fine. Elected officials who have never created a job, needed to keep a payroll, started a small business, or who have actually contributed to the economy should not have an opinion on economic issues. Same energy.
Bryan Callen Gives His Take On Politics | Louder With Crowderyoutu.be
Need a quick laugh? Check out and subscribe to our CrowderBits YouTube channel for Louder with Crowder skits, opens, and parody videos!
- AOC Bitches About $7 Airport Croissant and Minimum Wage. Gets ... ›
- The Real Fallout of L.A.'s $15 Insane Minimum Wage... - Louder ... ›
- Surprise! New Harvard Study Says Increasing Minimum Wage ... ›
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Tries Using Croissants to Argue for $15 ... ›
- Minimum Wage Hikes Result in McDonalds Closing Doors. We Told ... ›
- #FightFor15: Research Shows Seattle's Minimum Wage Hike Was a ... ›
- Rashida Tlaib Calls to Hike Minimum Wage up to $20 - Louder With ... ›
- L.A. Unions That Pushed For New Minimum Wage Now Want To Be ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Exposes Bernie Sanders About Minimum Wage ... ›
- Shocker! Economists Find Raising the Minimum Wage Doesn't Help ... ›
- Dan Crenshaw Slams Stimulus Bill for What It Is: 'Bribing People with Their Own Money' - Louder With Crowder ›
- Joe Biden, Kamala Harris Announce American Tour to Sell You on Their Stimulus Bill - Louder With Crowder ›
- Southwest Pilot Goes on In-Flight Anti-San Francisco Rant: 'F*** this place! Liberal f***s!' - Louder With Crowder ›
- This is CNN: Analyst Demands Biden Only Allow Americans' 'Freedom' for Most Insane Reason Yet - Louder With Crowder ›